Responsible for providing the vision, leadership, planning and management for the development, implementation and support of DaVita Medical Groups (DMG) contract negotiations, documentation and relationship management. Advises and provides guidance to other emerging DMG markets on contracting standards and negotiations, which may include contract template review and input to senior management on recommended strategies, as well as involvement in specific negotiations and documentation.
- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that demonstrate DaVita Medical Groups commitment to superior customer service, including quality, care and concern with each and every internal and external customer.
- Serves as a strategic partner in the development of the corporation’s plans and programs.
- Measures effectiveness and efficiency of all internal and external processes by providing timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the company.
- Collaborates with the management team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes and personnel designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of the organization.
- Oversees the organization’s contract agreements by developing contracting strategies to ensure successful negotiation and execution of agreements favorable to DMG.
- Advises the executive team on emerging trends and methodologies in managed care contracting, payor relations and legal issues.
- Develops overall payor and network contracting strategies for business growth, maximum revenue and maximizing the organization’s competitive cost structure.
- Establishes relationships with all market based and national payers to ensure growth and increased revenue opportunities.
- Negotiates new contracts to ensure maximum revenue and operational efficiency and compliance.
- Ensures standardization and consistency in all payer contracting efforts to ensure compliance with company objectives and regulatory requirements.
- Evaluates contracts to ensure receipt of contractual reimbursement as negotiated.
- Uses, protects, and discloses DMG patients’ protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred; MBA strongly preferred
- 2+ years post-graduate degree experience in consulting (as engagement manager or case team leader)
- Demonstrated expertise in healthcare (payor or provider space) would be a plus
Additional success factors:
- Strong overall athlete ability to have impact across a range of functions and disciplines
- Outstanding conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to engage directly with senior level executives (e.g., CEO, President, etc.)
- Strong influencing skills; track record of successful client relationship development and ability to quickly build credibility and gain the confidence of individuals at all levels.
- Strong sense of accountability; passion for owning projects and driving them to completion
- Team player with the ability to sell change effectively and influence others
- Strong verbal and written communications, including presentation skills
- Ability to effectively drive multiple projects
- Ambitious and pro-active with strong team leadership skills and drive to “get stuff done”
- Keen understanding and passion for healthcare
- Strong desire to manage, develop and mentor other teammates