The Vice President of Corporate and Foundation Relations is the subject matter expert on fundraising strategy, grant development and execution on foundation giving as it pertains to direct grant programs for LLS. The Vice President, Corporate and Foundation Relations is responsible for collaborating with the Chief Development Officer and other key Advancement and LLS Field-based leaders (i.e., Executive Directors) in identifying, securing, stewarding, grant writing & development, and program expansion from corporate and family-based foundations to support LLS. In addition, the Vice President is responsible for collaborating with their counterpart in the Mission organization to ensure optimal alignment, communications, support, and clarity around roles, responsibilities and goals as LLS builds its overall strategic capacity and capabilities with respect to foundation-based relationship building and giving.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit, steward and maintain active contact with corporate and family-based foundations that may have an interest in supporting LLS.
- Qualify and cultivate corporate and family-based foundation prospects with propensity and potential to make 5, 6 or 7 figure grants to LLS
- Provide critical strategic grant writing and development support to the Advancement organization, solicit foundation grants, write proposals, and grant applications and other required ancillary materials.
- Cultivate relationships with national and local foundation prospects, in collaboration with field, utilizing chapter boards and staff, national board and staff, and other volunteers to gain entry into corporate and/or family based foundations.
- Work closely with MGO’s and chapter staff to ensure coordinated and complete coverage of said foundations.
- Track foundation giving & pipeline and communicate to counterpart in Mission to maintain full transparency, alignment, and financial reporting accuracy.
- Meet internally with staff to determine and vet projects and programs needing financial support.
- Work with LLS staff to ensure that each funded program or project is meeting stated grant conditions and expectations.
- Create and submit ongoing status updates to corporate and family-based funding organizations.
- Ensure proper recognition of granting organization to programs throughout the organization for inclusion in published materials, website etc.
- Collaborate with leadership and Advancement on grant activities and provide grant writing and other support if necessary.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; advanced degree in business or other relevant disciplines preferred.
- 10 years’ experience in a fundraising or capital raising role.
- Experience in direct solicitation of principal gifts or investments.
- Experience working in a matrix environment; collaborative team player.
- Superior writing and presentation skills to craft compelling, understandable proposals and targeted, meaningful acknowledgments.
- Demonstrate creativity in preparing and proposing communications/outreach initiatives and platforms.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Commitment to maintaining integrity of a central database.
Ability to travel with overnight stays required