The Group Legal N.A., Derivatives & Structured Products team provides transactional, structural, advisory and documentation support for BNPP’s Global Market businesses in North and Latin America and Canada, including with respect to ISDA master agreements and other derivatives trading documentation.
- Draft, review and negotiate ISDAs, CSAs, MRAs, GMRAs, MSFTAs, Account Control Agreements and related derivatives documentation with outside clients.
- Provide legal advice to front office personnel in relation to standard and bespoke derivatives transactions, primarily in the Credit, Rates and Foreign Exchange asset classes
- Escalate various negotiation points to business, risk, collateral, treasury and other internal functions for review and approval in connection with derivative transactions.
- Review clients’ formation documents to determine capacity and authority to engage in derivatives trading and review loan and security documentation to determine scope of security interests for hedging counterparties.
- Analyze derivatives trading-related legal and regulatory issues, including close-out netting, ERISA, 1940 Act requirements, applicability of various U.S. and cross-border regulations, including Dodd-Frank and Margin Rules, trading venue agreements, and discuss the issues with internal stakeholders and clients.
- Maintain and update internal legal documentation database and attend status meetings and conference calls.
- Manage ad hoc projects as required.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
JD Degree, admission to (or eligible for admission to) NY bar
At least 5 + years of law firm or in-house experience
- Experience in negotiating repurchase agreements, ISDA Master Agreements, Credit Support Annexes, MSFTAs, Account Control Agreements, as well as, related ancillary documentation including confidentiality agreements, amendment agreements and guarantee forms)
-Negotiating with external clients and asset managers
-Advising capital markets trading businesses
-Oral and written communication skills
Experience handling multiple projects simultaneously
Ability to prioritize workload, manage time efficiently while retaining attention to detail
Work well in a fast paced environment
Work across the organization as required and maintain high standards of professionalism in all dealings with team members and internal/external clients
-Proficient in Excel
Additional experience in loan facilities; corporate banking agreements; electronic trading documentation; trade confirmations; and all related documentation preferred, but not required
Excellent Spanish language skills (written and oral)
FINRA Registrations Required: