Micron’s vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life for all. Join an inclusive team focused on one thin using our expertise in the relentless pursuit of innovation for customers and partners. The solutions we create help make everything from virtual reality experiences to breakthroughs in neural networks possible. We do it all while committing to integrity, sustainability, and giving back to our communities. Because doing so can spark the very innovation we are pursuing.
Req. ID: 245241
As the VP and General Manager, you will be responsible for business execution and leading the growth of Micron’s Emerging Memory business. You will drive the product line roadmap and lead customer and partner engagement. You will develop, communicate and ensure achievement of business unit strategic objectives; understand the impact and implications of the business unit strategy to the overall company strategy; ensure long-range BU profitability through customer-targeted innovation in products and business models. You will also drive operational excellence in areas including business plan development, pricing, and inventory management.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead Micron’s Emerging Memory business and be responsible for the business plan development and execution of 3DXP and DLA products
- Manage executive relationships at leading customers and enablers to drive business opportunities
- Achieve quarterly and annual business plans, secure needed design-win pipeline, and achieve customer satisfaction targets
- Optimize and manage the P&L, achieve revenue, margin and OpEx targets
- Achieve operational targets including best in class costs and inventory levels aligned with company targets
- Ensure cross functional leadership & influence by working effectively with other leaders throughout Micron to drive product line strategy and initiatives
- Provide thought leadership through leading research, marketing, business development, and business operations efforts for successful Go-To-Market and business expansion
- Ensuring adequate investment in long-range market, application, and targeted technology research for long-term success
- Oversee critical talent acquisition and retention to support succession management and long-term BU success
- Demonstrated success leading business units with P&L responsibilities
- Experience working in large, globally diverse, publicly traded technology companies engaged in competitive and rapidly changing market dynamics
- Developed leadership skills in complex, high-energy, fluid environments
- Deep understanding of competitive dynamics and strategies of key industry players, technical and other differentiated capabilities required to win in the marketplace
- Ability to motivate, drive and inspire change
- 10 – 15 years of experience in the semiconductor industry
- Bachelor degree in Engineering and/or Science; Master degree a plus
About Micron Technology, Inc.
We are an industry leader in innovative memory and storage solutions. Through our global brands – Micron® and Crucial® – our broad portfolio of high-performance memory and storage technologies, including DRAM, NAND, 3D XPoint™ memory and NOR, is transforming how the world uses information to enrich life. Backed by more than 40 years of technology leadership, our memory and storage solutions enable disruptive trends, including artificial intelligence, 5G, machine learning and autonomous vehicles, in key market segments like mobile, data center, client, consumer, industrial, graphics, automotive, and networking. Our common stock is traded on the Nasdaq under the MU symbol. To learn more visit micron.com/careers
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Micron prohibits the use of child labor and complies with all applicable laws, rules, regulations and other international and industry labor standards.
Micron does not charge candidates any recruitment fees or unlawfully collect any other payment from candidates as consideration for their employment with Micron.
For US Sites Only: To request assistance with the application process and/or for reasonable accommodations, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 or 208-368-4748 and/or by completing our General Contact Form
Keywords: San Jose || California (US-CA) || United States (US) || EBU (Embedded Business Unit) || Experienced || Regular || Engineering || #LI-LG1 || Special ||