The Red Hat Business team is looking for a Vice President to lead the Developer Business Unit within our Products and Technologies (PnT) team. In this role, you will work within the Cloud Platforms Group and report directly to the Senior Vice President of Cloud Platforms. Developers are critical to Red Hat’s success and an integral part of every offering’s strategy and over two million of them are registered in the Red Hat Developer Program. You’ll help us create greater awareness of, affinity for, and adoption of Red Hat’s developer tools, offerings, and technologies while increasing visibility in developer communities. You will participate in Red Hat’s unique and powerful culture based on transparency, humble confidence, and challenging (but empathetic) discussions, which is how we get things done. As a Vice President, you will be expected to thrive through collaboration, building a sense of partnership and shared purpose. This role can be based in Boston MA, San Francisco Bay Area, CA, or Raleigh, NC.
- Oversee the strategy and vision for our offerings and an integrated developer experience across the Red Hat portfolio, including developer tools, CodeReady, Red Hat OpenShift, Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), and middleware
- Oversee the continuing growth of the Red Hat Developer Program and developer engagement
- Share your passion around Red Hat and the open source community for developer technologies and be a leader to an advocate team that can represent globally
- Be visible in the industry as the face of the Red Hat Developer persona at leading industry events and forums to ensure the prominence of Red Hat within developer communities
- Collaborate closely with engineering, quality engineering (QE), customer support, documentation, and other functions to ensure an aligned strategy and its implementation to achieve shared objectives
- Engage with various business teams which will all rely on your team for their developer experience and tools; ensure that you understand their needs and that you are focused on meeting their requirements
- Engage with customers, partners, and account teams globally so that they understand and appreciate the breadth and depth of Red Hat’s developer-focused offerings
- Inspire and persuade analysts and media and industry experts to appreciate Red Hat developer strategy and share our vision
- Experience leading developer-focused teams spanning product management, product marketing, and advocacy, especially across open source communities
- Empathy with users and developers; willingness to put yourself in their situations, keen sense of their needs, and eagerness to promote positive change
- Passionate about developer tools and communities; dislike of shelfware and an understanding that free usage of an offering is more valuable long-term
- Comfortable and experienced speaking to large groups inside and outside the organization; ability to communicate at different levels spanning from developers to leadership and customers
- Familiarity with current software development tools; ability to quickly learn new tools, including IDEs, developer-focused CLIs, Git, build systems, continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) systems, containers, Kubernetes, Red Hat OpenShift, Tekton, Istio, Knative, and serverless or Function-as-a-Service (FaaS) technologies
- 5+ years of experience managing large, complex organizations
- 10+ years of experience in developer domains
Red Hat is the world’s leading provider of enterprise open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to deliver reliable and high-performing Linux, hybrid cloud, container, and Kubernetes technologies. Red Hat helps customers integrate new and existing IT applications, develop cloud-native applications, standardize on our industry-leading operating system, and automate, secure, and manage complex environments. Award-winning support, training, and consulting services make Red Hat a trusted adviser to the Fortune 500. As a strategic partner to cloud providers, system integrators, application vendors, customers, and open source communities, Red Hat can help organizations prepare for the digital future.
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.