HopeHealth Hospice & Palliative Care, an affiliate of HopeHealth, is seeking an experienced and dynamic clinical leader to serve as Vice President of Hospice Clinical Services. This position will be based in Providence, RI and provide leadership for clinical teams in Rhode Island and Southeastern Massachusetts.
The VP of Hospice Clinical Operations is a key member of HopeHealth's Senior Leadership Team. Reporting to the COO, the VP is responsible for providing leadership, oversight and coordination of hospice clinical field teams in multiple settings in two states. The VP will provide direction, structure and support to the organization's Patient Care Managers to ensure high quality, patient and family satisfaction, employee engagement and financial performance. He/she establishes, implements and evaluates goals and objectives for hospice services that meet and promote the standards of quality and in accordance with strategic and operational objectives.
Key Result Areas
- Leads and inspires the clinical leadership team to develop programs, processes and initiatives to provide compassionate, comprehensive, high quality care and service excellence.
- Builds, develops and leads a clinical leadership team who will work collectively to carry out the organization's operational priorities
- As a member of the organization's senior leadership team, contributes to the development and execution of the organizations strategic plan.
- Demonstrates the skills, ability and behaviors of a senior clinical executive.
- Leads, maintain and nurtures a highly competent, motivated and productive staff
- Develops and implements strategies to promote staff recognition
- Provides mentoring and coaching to individuals and teams
- Supports access to care through establishing, refining or creating new clinical services, policies and/or protocols needed to meet the needs of our healthcare partners.
- Collaborates with business development to support organizational growth.
- Actively participates in Senior Leadership, Hospice Clinical Leadership, Emergency Preparedness, Performance Improvement and other internal committees as required. Participates in Board of Director Quality and Compliance and Ethics Committees, and other governance or external committees as needed.
- Fosters a culture of excellence in professional standards of practice with an emphasis on professional development and customer service.
Education / Experience/Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in nursing is required, with a master's degree in nursing or business-related fields preferred
- Hospice experience in multiple settings with a minimum of five years of progressive management experience required
- Must be a registered nurse; licensure in Rhode Island and Massachusetts will be required
- Must possess a demonstrated ability to lead people and teams to achieve individual and team results
- Interpersonal, communication and active listening skills
- Team building and collaboration skills
- Teaching and presentation skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Compassionate and inclusive approach to leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Company matched retirement plan
- Generous paid time off and holidays
- Mileage reimbursement
- Company provided life insurance
HopeHealth's headquarters are based in Providence, Rhode Island. Its affiliate members are HopeHealth Hospice & Palliative Care and HopeHealth Visiting Nurse.
HopeHealth Hospice & Palliative Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer.