With a mantra of Empowering Human Potential, Hanger, Inc. is the world's premier provider of orthotic and prosthetic (O&P) services and products, offering the most advanced O&P solutions, clinically differentiated programs and unsurpassed customer service. Hanger's Patient Care segment is the largest owner and operator of O&P patient care clinics nationwide. Through its Products & Services segment, Hanger distributes branded and private label O&P devices, products and components, and provides rehabilitative solutions to the broader market. Built on the legacy of James Edward Hanger, the first amputee of the American Civil War, Hanger is steeped in 150 years of clinical excellence and innovation with a vision to be the partner of choice for products and services that enhance human physical capability. Collectively, Hanger employees touch thousands of lives each day, helping people achieve new levels of mobility and freedom.
Hanger, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer - female/minority/disability/vet.
Could This Be For You?
As our Vice President of Human Resources, your finely honed expertise and professionalism will be leveraged to lead the HR Business Team for Hanger's Patient Care segment which includes 800 clinics across the US, providing support to over one-million patients per year. This position is based out of our headquarters at The Domain in Austin, TX reporting to our Chief Human Resources Officer. The HR Business team provides strategic and consulting support in the following talent areas: performance management, employee relations, coaching, training, organizational development, change management, workforce planning and succession management. You will partner with Hanger senior executives, line managers, and HR leaders to support execution of HR programs and initiatives within our client groups across the US focusing on Empowering Human Potential Together.
In this senior leadership role within the Human Resources Leadership team, you will have impact by:
- Providing HR generalist support to a group of corporate and regionally distributed business leaders:
- Providing input on the HR strategic direction, bringing the perspective and needs of the supported businesses to HR.
- Leading the execution of HR programs in the respective businesses, providing a point of view on organizational and leadership gaps, consultation and coaching to business leaders and employees to help drive business goals and foster positive employee relations.
- Engaging employees and line leaders in performance management issues, leadership succession strategies and selection, organizational effectiveness, diversity, career development, and leadership development.
- Influencing strategic direction of both the business and HR priorities.
- Managing a team of HR Business Leaders and Partners.
A Bachelor degree in Human Resources, General Business, Management or related field is required.
- A minimum of 15 years relevant HR experience to include management experience is required.
- A valid driver’s license and driving record within the standards outlined within Hanger’s Motor Vehicle Safety Policy and Procedures is required.
- A post-graduate degree, PHR or SPHR is preferred.
- Experience working in a business line role (outside of HR) and other HR centers’ of expertise preferred.
- Experience in an HR business partner position supporting a geographically distributed workforce strongly preferred.
- Ability to travel on occasion as needed.
Additional Success Factors
Proficiency in multiple HR functional areas including employee relations, organizational development, leadership development, compensation, and managing mergers and acquisitions HR activities.
Demonstrated ability to influence and coach senior leaders including leading transformation projects.
Strong change management and project management skills and experience.
Strong business acumen in addition to highly developed oral and written communications.
Ability to learn and converse in business terms, and develop HR strategies aligned to the business needs.
Track record of providing functional leadership for HR projects as assigned by the CHRO.
Savvy with systems and software, having experience using various software tools; e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, project management tools, etc.
- Acting with integrity in all ways and at all times, remaining honest, transparent, and respectful in all relationships.
- Keeping the patient at the center of everything that you do, building lifelong trust.
- Fostering open collaboration and constructive dialogue with everyone around you.
- Continuously innovating new solutions, influencing and responding to change.
- Focusing on superior outcomes, and calibrate work processes for outstanding results.
Our Investment in You
- Competitive salary.
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
Hanger, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship. All conditions and privileges of employment are administered to all employees without discrimination or harassment because of race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, special disabled veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances. The Company will comply fully with all applicable state or local fair employment laws that forbid discrimination or harassment on the basis of other protected characteristics. Retaliation against any employee for filing or supporting a complaint of discrimination or harassment is prohibited.