The Hartford Insurance Group is seeking a proactive and dynamic Vice President of Investor Relations to oversee a world-class investor relations function. Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Investor Relations and Treasury, this individual will build relationships with the investment community, communicate the company's strategies and actions, maximize the pool of potential investors, and ensure that the company's shares are accurately valued in the market. The successful candidate will become a primary spokesperson for The Hartford and will work in partnership with the CFO, CEO, President and other senior leaders to develop and drive a comprehensive investor relations plan. It is critical that the VP has strong relationships with the sell-side and buy-side analyst community (including equity and fixed income) and is seen as a “go to” for investors.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive investor relations plan that includes establishing and coordinating investor relations calendar and conference and non-deal roadshow schedules and logistics, monitoring stock trading and ownership trends, targeting new investors and analyst coverage and monitoring research on The Hartford and its competitors.
- Direct the coordination and planning for investor events such as Investor Day and non-deal road shows, in conjunction with other members of the project team, and develop the key themes, presentations and messaging that accompany such events
- Oversee analyst financial model reviews
- Be a recognized expert on investors and analysts for senior management, reporting on important changes and trends as necessary
- Be the primary day-to-day voice of the company to analysts and investors, leveraging senior management time for the most impactful conversations or important events and relationships
- Lead the development of effective communications and presentations for investors audiences, including quarterly earnings release, conference calls, investor meeting materials, and conferences
- Lead management preparation of key questions and issues for investor interactions
- Oversee industry trend monitoring and anticipate emerging issues
- Supervise either directly or on a project basis other members of the Investor Relations and Treasury team that are supporting investor relations activities
- 10+ years of investor relations experience
- 5+ years of insurance industry experience, property & casualty insurance industry experience strongly preferred
- 5+ years of project and team management experience
- Demonstrated experience writing scripts and presentation materials for CEO and CFO level communications
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Ability to review financial, market, analyst reports and materials prepared by others for factual correctness and key conclusions/accuracy
- Strong public presentation skills for internal and external audiences
- Strong and existing relationships with sell-side and buy-side analyst community, including equity and fixed income, which combined with company and industry knowledge cause VP, Investor Relations to be a “go to” for investors for most routine questions, enabling CFO and CEO investor time to be leveraged for the maximum results
- Bachelor degree required. Advanced degree attractive.
The position can be based out of Hartford, Stamford, or New York City. If based in Stamford or NYC, there will be extensive travel to Hartford up to two to three days per week.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
Job Financial Mgmt Execs
Primary Location: United States-Connecticut-Hartford
Education Level:Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Shift Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Overtime Status: Exempt
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Job Posting:Feb 11, 2019, 3:19:47 PM
Remote Worker Option:No