Hayward Pool Products, a division of Hayward Industries, Inc. is the largest manufacturer of residential swimming pool equipment in the world, with a significant presence in the commercial pool market that is continuously growing. Headquartered in Elizabeth, New Jersey, Hayward designs, manufactures and markets a full line of residential and commercial pool and spa equipment including pumps, filters, heating, cleaners, salt chlorinators, automation, lighting, safety, flow control and energy solutions. For over 80-years, Hayward has been enhancing pool ownership by manufacturing cutting edge, advanced pool and spa equipment. Hayward listens to our customers’ needs and makes sure they are implemented during the design and manufacturing process. The goal is to become the preferred brand of choice with every residential and commercial swimming pool and spa.
The Vice President of Manufacturing is responsible for the manufacturing functions within the Hayward Industries, Inc. will report to the Senior Vice President, Global Operations and Engineering.
The Vice President of Manufacturing is responsible for the efficient manufacturing and distribution of products of the highest quality that meet stringent engineering requirements. This role directs the materials management, production, assembly, test, packaging and distribution functions supporting our global business. This executive is responsible for executing to the company’s supply plan while achieving performance objectives for safety, quality, service, and cost.
Highly experienced in Lean and Six Sigma methodologies, the Vice President Manufacturing is responsible for developing strong organizational skills and capabilities in problem solving, change management, employee engagement, and continuous learning. This executive will foster a culture of continuous improvement and expand Hayward’s development and focus as a lean enterprise.
- Provide leadership to manufacturing personnel. Responsible for ensuring that product is manufactured safely to the highest quality standards and service levels while achieving cost improvement goals
- Collaborate with relevant people / departments and coordinating all relevant inputs (people, plant and processes) to ensure production output and on-time delivery targets are achieved
- Plan, schedule and review workload to ensure production schedules and delivery objectives are achieved cost effectively
- In partnership with this executive’s reports, ensure the shop floor has the necessary manpower, competence, skills, knowledge, space and equipment required to achieve production objectives
- Effectively manage the flow of materials from Receiving through Manufacturing and Distribution.
- Develop manufacturing goals and action plans in alignment with strategic initiatives and cascade clear expectations, accountabilities, and reporting mechanisms into the manufacturing organization. Partner with Finance and SVP of Global Operations to develop annual operating plans
- Define and execute continuous improvement strategies and initiatives to achieve business objectives
- Promote awareness, accountability, and active participation in Hayward’s EHS strategies and programs to achieve environmental and safety goals. Establish and maintain a healthy, safe and motivated work environment that promotes quality of work life, long term profitability, employment security and customer satisfaction
- Develop and execute capacity and staffing plans to achieve supply plan requirements. Apply continuous improvement strategies to improve efficiency, productivity, lead time, and utilization
- Responsible for all US-based materials management processes, including receiving, warehousing, inventory management, and all material flow processes from raw to finished goods storage
- Direct ownership of the KPI’s in the following areas:
- Safety (TRIR, hazard observations)
- Quality (yield, complaints, DPPM, compliance)
- Schedule attainment and OTD
- Inventory accuracy and turns
- Staffing and employee development
- Manufacturing cost (productivity, OEE, scrap, etc.)
- Provide leadership direction, coaching, and development opportunities to foster a culture of collaboration, accountability, career progression, ethical behavior, and a customer-first mindset
- Attract, train and develop exceptional talent
- Ensure compliance to Hayward’s Quality Management System and all applicable company policies and procedures
- Deploy the latest Manufacturing Technologies and Facilities designs to develop and execute equipment and space plans.
- Define & standardize key operational metrics and goals for all levels of the organization to define success.
- Review data and provide insights on forecast accuracy, sales, inventory, service and margin metrics.
- Manage and maintain the monthly Sales & Operations planning calendar while holding key stakeholders accountable to deliverables and timelines.
- Manage and track performance trends impacting inventory availability and make recommendations around planning assumptions to management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, Manufacturing Management or equivalent, advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of manufacturing experience
- Minimum 7 years of leadership experience
- Highly experienced in continuous improvement methodologies based in a Lean Manufacturing, high-volume environment. Lean Sigma, Shainin certification are pluses.
- Working knowledge of Sales and Operations Planning
- Deep understanding and/or education of supply chain and inventory management systems and practices
- Working knowledge of quality management systems such QS and ISO type systems
- Working knowledge of health and safety requirements and practices
- Strong team building
- Strong problem solving abilities, customer service mindset, and excellent communication skill
- Proven track record in driving a diverse, inclusive, engaged, and ethical culture
- MBA preferred
- Possess a working understanding of leadership principles and management best practices
- Possess excellent personal organization and business administration skills in accordance with modern best practice methods
- Ability to build a high performance team
- Be personally energetic, dynamic, positive, and enthusiastic. Must possess the ability to think laterally and act through robust decision making
- Strong team player, results orientated, and sense of urgency to achieve business objectives
- Must be self-directed and a capable decision maker
- Excellent project management and budget management skills
- Thrives in lean and dynamic environments
- Experience with lean manufacturing, six sigma and similar a plus
- Strong influencing skills in a cross-functional environment
- Possess strong computer skills and competency in MS Office applications
- Up to 30% travel