The Cox Media Group San Antonio Vice President / Market Manager will lead the market leadership team and manage the daily operations of the award-winning radio market. He/she will provide leadership in the planning, organizing and managing of station related issues. In charge of continually improving service to the many customer bases while achieving optimum on-air performance, ratings, sales, increase revenue, market share, profits and profit margins within budgeting plan and core values of the company. The Vice President / Market Manager will also ensure the station remains in compliance with FCC regulations.
• Communicates and cascade the company’s vision, strategic direction and goals in a manner that resonates with employees in the market.
• Ensures the market is working in unison to achieve the company’s business plan and position the company for long term success.
• Facilitates dialogue among leaders through meetings and other means to warrant optimal teamwork.
• Provides input and insight into the identification and development of employee’s talent within the market to ensure a steady pipeline, to meet the varied needs of the business.
• Provides input, feedback and influences leaders to ensure they are informed on the competitive and operational needs of the market.
• Supports efforts to standardize enterprise wide business and operational practices to capture efficiencies, improve speed to market and enhance the customer experience.
• Supports the company’s diversity and inclusion initiatives and outreach programs.
• Through active engagement in community, civic and business organizations the VP Market Manager will establish support and leverage positive company relationships to grow the business with key clients.
• Manages the budget process and enforces cost minimum level consistent with corporate objectives to make sure P&L targets are achieved.
• Keeps the Regional Vice President informed on all major issues that might affect the attainment of objectives by the market.
• Leads a culture that attracts, hires, develops and retains highly talented employees and leaders.
• Ensures the market maintains FCC requirements consistent with FCC rules and regulations.
• Completes other projects as assigned.
• Business Acumen – Consistently exercises sound business judgment; knowledgeable of industry policies, practices, trends, technology and information affecting the business and organization.
• Customer Focused – Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; acts with customers in mind.
• Strategic Recruitment – Proven track record of developing a recruitment strategy, recruiting talented employees and maintaining a strong talent bench.
• Communication – Effective in various settings: one-on-one, small and large groups
• Interpersonal Savvy – Relates well to all diverse groups of people – inside and outside the organization; builds rapport; constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact.
• Approachability – Is easy to approach and talk to; spends the extra effort to put others at ease; builds rapport well; is a good listener.
• Collaborative – Can operate effectively in a matrix environment.
• Ambiguity – Can effectively cope with change and shift gears comfortably; decide and act with limited scope of the total picture; remains tactful when things are up in the air.
• Informing – Provides proper information employees need to perform their job, to make accurate decisions and to feel good about being a member of the team.
• Integrity and Trust – Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, honest individual; presents the facts in a helpful manner; keeps confidences; can admit mistakes; does not misrepresent one's self for personal gain.
• Creating Sustained Commitment – Ensuring employees are aligned with business objectives and leading team members in such a way they are encouraged and motivated to do their best work.