An Elder Care Alliance Community
Elder Care Alliance in Alameda
Expressing our faith heritage, Elder Care Alliance is an integrated system committed to serving and enriching the holistic wellness of older adults and those who care for them. ECA is distinguished regionally and locally for delivering excellent care for our residents, creating a supportive work environment for our employees, and advocating for the wellbeing of seniors through our community outreach efforts. ECA owns and operates three Senior Living Communities: AlmaVia of San Rafael, AlmaVia of San Francisco, and AlmaVia of Camarillo; one Continuing Care Retirement Community: Mercy Retirement & Care Center; and one age-qualified Independent Living apartment Community, the Villa at San Mateo. Our Support Center Headquarters are located in Alameda.
The Vice President, Marketing and Communications:
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and serving as an integral member of the executive leadership team, this VP will be responsible for the development of ECA’s marketing and communications strategies, multi-year functional business planning, and will contribute to the success of ECA’s organizational strategic planning process. This position will be responsible for developing a marketing and communications strategy that increases ECA’s brand, visibility, awareness and influence with key stakeholders; attaining budgeted lead generation; and, meeting engagement targets across digital marketing platforms.
The VP will collaborate effectively with the Operations teams on setting and executing cross-functional objectives, priorities, marketing targets and activities; monitoring results; and, evaluating performance, taking action as necessary. This position will develop and oversee implementation of a proactive marketing strategy and ensure accountability for results that meet or exceed ECA’s marketing objectives. The VP will create an effective communications plan for ECA, directly managing communications activities that promote, enhance, and protect ECA’s brand reputation. The VP will be responsible for ECA’s varied and integrated communications products and services. The VP will also be responsible for setting priorities and objectives for Philanthropy and providing oversight to implementation of key strategies to support those objectives.
Here's what you need:
- Minimum ten years progressively more responsible experience in marketing and communications, with five years in a senior management role.
- Successful track record in developing and implementing a successful marketing strategy, including social media and digital strategy. Ability to provide documentation of previous successes.
- Demonstrated skill and comfort in proactively building relationships with top tier reporters and editors, and in successfully positioning subject matter with the media to achieve high-impact placements.
- Demonstrated experience and leadership in delivering comprehensive strategic communications, media relations, marketing, and philanthropy programs to advance an organization’s mission and goals.
- Budget management and strategic planning experience.
- Experience with communications and administrative technology platforms as well as production of core communication tools such as videos.
- Bachelor’s degree required, with a preference for a major in business, communications or marketing. An advanced degree is highly desirable, particularly an MBA.
“Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status”