BNP Paribas (“BNP Paribas” or “Group”) has established a U.S. intermediate holding company, BNP Paribas USA, Inc. (the “IHC”), over its subsidiaries in the United States and a U.S. Risk Committee to oversee BNP Paribas combined U.S. operations (“CUSO”) in accordance with Section 165 of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act. The IHC, the IHC’s subsidiaries, and BNP Paribas’ U.S. branches (including the BNP Paribas Fortis New York branch), agencies, and representative offices are the operating entities (“Operating Entities”) that collectively comprise BNP Paribas’ CUSO.
The role will focus on Risk Governance. The goal of this IHC work stream is to define a target-operating model, in adherence to Group level standards and applicable E.U. regulations, to support the compliance of the U.S. platform (future IHC, applicable legal entities within its scope and U.S. branches and agencies of BNP Paribas) with new requirements driven by the implementation of the EPS. More specifically the role will focus on the Model Risk Management target-operating model for the IHC.
The Risk IRC team is looking for a model governance lead to join our team. In this role, you will collaborate with Model owners and developers, Risk personnel and the Bank's Model Governance team to develop and implement a comprehensive infrastructure for managing, reporting and tracking core Model Governance deliverables. In this role within the Model Governance team, you will
- Maintain a comprehensive IHC model inventory in accordance with decisions of the Model Governance Committee
- Develop and manage a tracking process and periodic reporting deliverables for core annual IHC Model Governance and Enterprise Risk Management, including model validations, annual reviews, model documentation and performance monitoring
- Maintain a holistic view of model resources across the enterprise (IHC) and help enhance the model risk management framework through ongoing initiatives and meetings with stakeholders in the first, second and third lines of defense
- Be team-oriented in supporting the Model Governance team and have a strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Coordinate with the Group and head offices on model governance activities
- Interact with the members of the CUSO IHC Model Governance Committee on an ongoing basis
- Interact with the Regulatory Affairs team as necessary to report on Model Governance progress with regulatory action plans and overall Model Governance activity in response to regulatory requests
Minimum Required Qualifications
- 3 to 5 years relevant experience in model risk management and/or bank risk management.
- Alternative: With an appropriate Master’s Degree 1 or more years directly related experience or PhD
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Presentation skills (email, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.)
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel and VBA
- Strong quantitative skills with an advanced Degree in a quantitative discipline (Math, Physics, Statistics, Computer Science, Financial Engineering)
- Knowledge of financial modeling concepts
- Experience in model risk management
- Familiarity with Business Intelligence tools (Tableau, Power BI, QlikView, etc.)
- Possess a control mindset
FINRA Registrations Required:
- Not Applicable