Established in 1970’s, National Commercial Mortgage is a nonprofit affordable housing and community revitalization finance company. Through our core lending business and subsidiaries, we provide a full suite of Agency Programs designed for the Multifamily space and we believe in giving back to our communities we work in.
Whether for acquisition, refinancing, or rehabilitation, with National Mortgage Company you get certainty of execution and a team of originators, analysts and underwriters solely dedicated to the multifamily Agency lending process.
Commercial Mortgage Company our Vice President Originators are responsible for sourcing and originating multifamily mortgage loans for the Freddie Mac, Fannie Mae and FHA portfolio. Our VP Mortgage Originators develop and maintain long-term relationships with appropriate centers of influence to drive origination activities, including, but not limited to brokers, realtors, builders, attorneys, financial advisors and other external sources.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Prospect for new borrower relationships and structure mortgage loans in accordance with both company and Freddie Mac, Fannie Mae or FHA requirements.
- Manage borrower relationships and transactions, successfully guiding borrowers from commitment through underwriting and closing of the loan.
- Analyze the financial, physical and market suitability of loan against both company and Freddie Mac, Fannie Mae or FHA requirements.
- Negotiate with borrowers and structure loans appropriately.
- Collaborate with companies production, underwriting and closing teams to provide customers with a best-in-class execution.
- Perform other duties, as directed or required.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s preferred.
- Must have 5 years’ experience in multifamily mortgage origination.
- Significant experience with Freddie Mac, Fannie Mae or FHA multifamily products required.
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong customer relationships required.
- Understanding of affordable housing lending required.
- Strong sales, interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, as well as demonstrated problem solving skills essential.
Fannie Mae Multifamily Affordable Housing
Fannie Mae Small Mortgage Loan Program
FHA Section 221(d)(4)
FHA Section 223(f)
Freddie Mac Conventional Financing
Freddie Mac Small Balance Loan (SBL)