Opportunity: Vice President of Business Development
The Vice President of Business Development is responsible for driving HHM’s growth in new management opportunities.
From Boston to San Diego and Seattle to Miami, HHM is consistently among the fastest growing and most stable management, investment, and development firms in our sector with 135 hotels and well over $1B in managed revenues.
The Vice President will report directly to the Executive Vice President and be an integral part of a larger development team, responsible for driving overall portfolio value representing HHM to existing and potential clients.
Potential Career Path
Executive Vice President
Essential Job Functions
- Source, negotiate and secure new third-party management contracts for HHM.
- Cultivate and maintain existing relationships with owners, lenders, brokers, consultants, and brands to expand our contract pipeline.
- Evaluate properties based on potential financial return, quality of operations, location, and overall fit within HHM’s portfolio.
- Negotiate management agreements to allow for HHM competitive advantage.
- Assist in sourcing and evaluating potential acquisition opportunities for HHM.
- Develop relationships with new owners and manage and grow relationships with existing owners.
- Research and analyze industry presentation of findings to senior leadership and owners.
- Present or assist in presenting at industry conferences to expand the awareness of HHM as a third-party management services provider.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required.
- Minimum of 10 years of hospitality business development experience.
- Thorough knowledge of the lodging industry and investment and operational proformas.
- Experience in other aspects of lodging, hospitality and real estate finance is highly desirable.
- Prior experience in hotel third-party management development, contracting and negotiation, capital markets, and/or underwriting hotel investment deals is a plus.
- Minimum of two years' experience at the Vice President level.
- Possess superior communication skills, oral and written. Self-motivated, well organized, and results driven professional. Ability to meet deadlines.
- Superior client relationship building and management skills that result in long term retention and expansion of business.
Work Environment and Context.
- At least 40% travel domestically.
- Location flexible, with immediate supervisor in Philadelphia and opportunities from coast to coast.
- High bonus potential geared toward achieving growth objectives.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It