We are currently looking for a reliable Vice President of Construction to supervise and coordinate Multi-Family projects throughout the United States. This position would be based out of our Coconut Grove office.
Housing Trust Group is an award-winning full-service developer of multifamily residential communities with over 40 years of experience in Florida and throughout the Southeastern United States and Arizona. We are committed to our residents and continually strive to improve and enhance our communities.
We believe in teamwork, innovation, professionalism and long-term decision-making. We recognize the need to be flexible, entrepreneurial and aggressive, both as individuals and as a company. We encourage creativity, flexibility and innovative approaches to our work. We always do what is fair, right and ethical.
Our objective is to preserve and enhance our reputation for quality, honesty and integrity through our actions. We lead by example. Our actions speak louder than words.
- Cultivate strong relationships with team members and outside vendors, include direct relationships with Development, Asset management and Property Management.
- Ensure approved projects are reviewed in a quality, cost conscious, timely, and professional manner.
- Review budget, project organization, implementation and scheduling for construction projects in progress.
- Oversee and direct construction projects from conception to completion
- Review the project in-depth to schedule deliverables and estimate costs
- Oversee all onsite and offsite constructions to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations, including General Contractors.
- Coordinate and direct construction workers and subcontractors
- Select tools, materials and equipment and track inventory
- Meet contractual conditions of performance
- Review the work progress on daily basis
- Prepare internal and external reports pertaining to job status
- Plan ahead to prevent problems and resolve any emerging ones
- Negotiate terms of agreements, draft contracts and obtain permits and licenses
- Resolves unforeseen project conditions; inclusive of subcontractor challenges, in coordination with other team members
- Analyze, manage and mitigate risks
- Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques
- Help drive the future growth for HTG
- Ability to read and interpret architectural plans and specifications
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree (Civil Engineering/Construction Management preferred)
- 7-10 years of experience leading and managing operational staff/project managers,with a background in successful project execution
- Expert knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
- Multi-family and/or senior living construction experience strongly preferred
- Strong client relationship management skills
- Familiarity/Proficiency with AutoCad preferred