Harvard Maintenance, Inc. is one of the largest and fastest growing, privately owned providers of high quality managed services in the United States. We are an industry leader and are well known for our innovative thinking and entrepreneurial spirit. Our success over the last fifty years stems from our core values, which clearly state that “we are a family organization that promotes respect and embraces diversity”. We continuously strive to reshape our company. That’s why creative thinking and continuous improvement is respected and encouraged at Harvard. If you are looking for a company that cares about its people, is an industry leader, and is growing rapidly, Harvard may be the perfect fit for you.
Reporting to the EVP of Sales and Marketing, the primary objective of the Vice President of Field Sales is to lead the field selling organization to achieve / exceed stated revenue and profit targets for the Doobin Family Companies. The right candidate will have a passion for sales, sales team development and brand expansion in support of organizational growth. This is an outstanding opportunity for a senior level sales leader with significant experience leading the sales efforts for a managed services or facility services company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the EVP of Sales and Marketing to articulate and execute the organizations comprehensive sales and marketing strategy, achieving or exceeding yearly revenue and profit growth targets.
- Sales management expertise in leading and developing a geographically dispersed sales team while maintaining their own direct selling effort.
- A self-motivated, positive professional who has an exceptional work ethic and strives for individual, team and professional success.
- Possesses strong professionalism, is a strategic thinker, and has documented success selling to and building relationships with senior level executives.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, and communications skills that foster strong relationships both internally and externally.
- Ability to help the sales team conduct high level client needs analysis, then to meet those needs, through articulating Harvard’s value added solutions.
- Leads by example, mentor and coach to ensure peak selling achievement, inspires the sales team to achieve stated goals and objectives.
- Strong history of accurately assess individual sales performance and sales team member capabilities to ensure success and making personnel changes when required.
- Manage sales team performance through meaningful interactions including as needed performance reviews, territory analysis, ride-alongs, pipeline review and yearly sales quota achievement.
- Proven history of working within a structured RFP and Sales process with the ability to modify the process based on changing needs.
- Extensive experience managing a sales organization using a CRM tool as the basis for executing the sales process and monitoring activity in the sales pipeline.
- Work with the sales organization to build working knowledge of regional markets, customers, and competitors to guide geographic specific marketing strategies.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment and with multiple projects happening at one time. Ability to work with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm, initiative, teamwork, and integrity.
- High level of proficiency with various software applications to include the Microsoft Office suite, especially PowerPoint.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferable in Business Administration
- Minimum of ten years of experience in progressing Sales Management roles with experience in managing at least ten direct sales reports.
- Experience in selling Services in the Janitorial, Security or related industry is preferred
- 50-60% travel required