The Vice President of Manufacturing Operations reports to the Chief Operating Officer and is responsible for direction, strategy, planning and execution for the company’s manufacturing operations.
• Manage employees and hands-on operation of the company’s manufacturing functions, as well manage the oversight of contract manufacturers and critical suppliers.
• Ensure that, as the company grows, manufacturing capabilities meet or exceed all industry and customer requirements for cost, quality and responsiveness.
• Working with Vice president of Facilities, build manufacturing capacity infrastructure and integrate external manufacturing and facilities gained through acquisitions effectively.
• Work closely with the COO on manufacturing plans, goals, and future product innovations.
• Play an active role in senior-level negotiations with client companies and manufacturing partners.
• Develop and manage budgeting and budget execution with a focus on product costs and margins.
• Direct all production control and production process development partnering with key stakeholders in quality, purchasing and distribution.
• Act as a key member of Senior Leadership team – balancing strategy and detailed tactics as necessary.
• A minimum of 15 years of experience in product engineering, manufacturing engineering, management and/or operations at a life sciences GMP / FDA regulated company.
• Experience in materials management, from planning through purchasing.
• Prior experience in technical transfers, qualification, validation, trouble shooting, BLA’s, FDA inspections, process scale-up, and commercial operations support.
• Success deploying commercial components into high-volume production with fast time-to-market and cost-sensitivity requirements.
• Self-starter and a team player that will thrive in a dynamic environment.
• Experience leading teams across multiple sites leveraging best practices.
• Experience in developing supply chain strategy and meeting company strategy, performance objectives and customer expectations.
• Minimizing company risks and maintaining conformity for safe and healthy work environment
Skills and Specifications:
• Must have thorough knowledge about manufacturing operations in a clean room environment, with aseptic product manufacturing experience desired.
• Must have excellent business operations, and financial skills
• Knowledgeable about the current market trends
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• Excellent planning and administration skills
• A flexible style which fosters the rigidity of management of a GMP facility compliantly while remaining flexible to the competing demands of our programs
• Must understand the needs of key collaborators and customers, and interact effectively intra- and interdepartmentally to achieve alignment and consensus
• Outstanding interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation skills
• Excellent planning and organizational skills, with the ability to balance production, development and maintenance needs
• Strong understanding of budgeting/expense management with a basic understanding of financial and accounting practices
• Track record of attracting, developing, inspiring and retaining key talent
Education and Qualification
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering degree required. Advanced degree in Engineering or Business preferred and;
• Demonstrated leadership skills with proven ability to create and grow high performance manufacturing teams across multiple sites.
• Working knowledge of supply chain development.
• Demonstrated use of Lean or Kaizen principles and evidence of establishing a continuous improvement culture.