The Role – Vice President of Pre-Construction and Procurement
We are currently seeking a qualified Executive for an immediate placement for the position of Vice President of Construction and Procurement. This position is with a large multinational full-service contractor specializing in New construction, Complex Conversion projects, Residential, Public, Commercial, and Hospitality projects. They offer over a century of expertise in a broad spectrum of services including Preconstruction, General contracting, Design-Build and integrated project delivery.
This firm is a highly ranked international contractor by ENR. They offer some of the best compensation packages in the NYC area including bonus and family benefits.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Determine client expectations (cost, quality and timeline);
- Confirm Financing for Project;
- Help establish Development Schedule
- Establish Communication Procedures
- Help with site research, analysis, and evaluation.
- Assist with entitlements, permitting, and jurisdictional coordination.
- Administer Preconstruction Conference/Kick-off meetings.
- Facilitate and coordinate team meetings. Responsible for Meeting Minutes documentation and distribution.
- Coordinate and participate in conceptual estimate reviews constructability reviews, as well as cost comparisons and system analysis
- Provide technical support as needed. Help confirm accuracy and completeness of transmitted information.
- Oversee Value analysis and Value Engineering processes
- Support Business Development with potential clients including meetings, schedules, conceptual budgets, site investigation and explanation of preconstruction services;
Educational and Experience Requirements
- Engineering, Construction Management or related bachelor’s degree, or possess equivalent years of related experience;
- 10+ years of experience in construction management with a general contractor/construction manager;
- 15+ years of experience in Core/Shell and Interiors. Previous residential experience is a plus;
- Working knowledge of various construction disciplines, union agreements/jurisdiction, cost control, scheduling, safety regulations, engineering drawings and other documents required;
- Business development/heavy client interaction a plus;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Proven track record of successful projects with residential and commercial projects;
- Leadership and Organizational skills. Must be capable of juggling many activities (multiple projects) at the same time. Ability to orchestrate design teams and guide the team while incorporating the requirements and budget
- Proficient computer skills, knowledge of Microsoft software programs. I.e.; Word, Excel, etc. Primavera software, Procore and P-6 scheduling
Job Type: Full-time