Want to have a positive impact on the world? At Imagine Learning, we change the lives of K-12 students and open doors of opportunity by serving students with the industrys best language, literacy and math software. Were an ed-tech industry leader and growing fast.
The Vice President of Product Management & General Manager leads both the Product Management team and Imagine Learning Product directions to define the roadmap for long-term product strategy and execution by gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements in defining the product vision. The VP of Product builds product justification requirements to facilitate negotiations for Weld North Education (WNE) Shared Service manpower in support of roadmap needs.
What you will do
- Responsible for P&L of Imagine Learning Products
- Collect, define, prioritize, and recommend future product specifications from customers, non-customers, internal departments, and competitive analyses for both domestic and international product offerings.
- Utilize collected data to articulate justifications and negotiate for resource allocation for product lines from Technical and User Design Shared Services.
- Discover and validate urgent and pervasive problems in the market by interviewing customers, recent evaluators, and untapped, potential customers.
- Act as the voice of the customer (and potential customer) by staying current with industry trends through reading educational journals, magazines, papers, blogs, etc., and attending webinars, conferences, forums, etc.
- Serve as an ambassador of the company and represents the company on panels and in other public, outward-facing opportunities.
- Work closely with Curriculum and Development Shared Service team to ensure that the product collects appropriate data to inform decision-making.
- Drive the strategic agenda and roadmap for the product with input from Curriculum, Development, Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success.
- Work closely with the Executive team to set long-term product strategy. Messages product direction, roadmap, progress, and schedule changes to the Executive Leadership.
- Review progress continually to ensure attainment of objectives and makes course corrections when and where necessary to achieve goals.
- Lead the Product Management team working with Directors to manage workflow and development of the team and instill Imagine Learnings values and culture.
- Build rapport within Imagine Learning, Edgenuity and Weld North Education leadership teams
What you need
- Ability to use data justifications to work cross functionally, and cross company (s) in a Shared Services matrix environment.
- Ability to work in a matrixed environment and negotiate for product support
- Ability to see where the market, competition, and industry are going and to create a strong vision for where the product needs to be in order to win the market and delight customers.
- A master generalist with the ability to talk to engineers, users, executives, finance, marketing, sales, and other groups
- Ability to understand the requirements of the various decision makers in an organization and how to be the customer advocate
- Ability to create Use Cases & User Stories, perform competitive analysis, feature/function prioritization and assessment
- Ability to gather data and make recommendations and justifications using sources such as financial statements, primary and secondary research, and customer and partner interviews
- Strong background in agile development methodologies
- 10+ years of product management experience with a track record of delivering SaaS products
- Experience within the EdTech space, strongly preferred
Perks of the job
- Purpose - do something more than just make money -- here, we impact the lives of millions of kids through education.
- Company security and growth - We're privately owned by Weld North and Silver Lake Partners - a private equity group specializing in scaling companies, which has $39 billion in combined assets under management and committed capital. Their current investment portfolio includes large, high-profile companies like Alibaba Group, Tesla, Ancestry, SoFi, Dell Technologies, GoDaddy, SolarWinds, Symantec, and us!
- Benefits - World-class health, retirement savings, and wellness benefits for you and dependents.
- Recovery time - Paid vacations and a yearly schedule built around educators.
- Culture - Quarterly team activities, and the most genuine and fun coworkers you'll ever have.
For Candidates in the European Union: As part of any recruitment process, Imagine Learning collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use that data and to meeting our data protection obligations. For a copy of our Job Applicant Privacy Notice, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.