We seek a Vice President of Retail Banking/Deposits in the Los Angeles, California area. If you would like to work in a financial institution and a full service bank, this is a great opportunity!
Primarily responsible for oversight and management of the deposit strategy with a focus on building new and deepening existing deposit initiatives. Will work closely with the President to ensure that correct efforts are in place to ensure goals are met within the bank’s deposit plan. Directs and administers the activities of the Retail banking Department in support of policies, goals, and objectives by performing the following duties.
- Develops and implements strategic deposit products program for the Bank.
- Directs management in the development, production, promotion, and sale of the Bank's retail products and services.
- Works with teams across all bank geographies, develops production goals for all markets and teams to ensure adequate product and geographic diversification and compliance with Bank guidelines.
- Establishes new product or industry niches and develops a marketing/sales plan to execute with goals of establishing industry expertise and driving deposit portfolio growth.
- Directs the preparation of short term and long range plans and budgets based on broad corporate goals and growth objectives.
- Maintains a sound plan of corporate organization, establishing policies to insure adequate management development and to provide for capable management succession.
- Manages department staff including identifying and recruiting high quality talent to meet strategic objectives; maintains metrics to determine workloads and capacity utilization, continuously coach, develop and improve the organization's skills to increase quality and performance, manages out non-performing employees effectively.
- Collaborates with all departments to ensure full integration of deposit banking activities within the organization.
- Banking deposit strategic planning working in concert with President and CFO.
- Prepare and present reports to senior management as requested.
- Serves on Bank committees as appropriate.
- Additional duties as assigned by the CLO.
- Responsible for deposit banking activities including setting goals and strategies for deposit production, production, profitability, diversification, concentration management, regulatory compliance, and risk management.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities Minimum Requirements & Qualifications:
- Directs Managers who supervise employees in California, Metropolitan Seattle, and the East Coast.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university in business administration, finance or related field required; advanced degree in banking or related field
- Master’s in Business Administration or CPA is preferred.
- 5 or more years in Deposit strategy required
- 5 or more years of management experience
- Strong written, verbal, presentation, and organization skills.
- High emotional intelligence with proven ability to motivate, mentor and coach others.
- Effectively and self-sufficiently solves problems with effective results.
We offer a competitive salary, benefits and professional growth with a financial institution. Interested candidates should apply on-line.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with all VEVRAA federal contractor requirements.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the California Fair Chance Act, subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.