The Vice President, Physician Compensation is responsible for the strategic design and administration of all physician compensation programs at CHRISTUS Health. This position develops, implements, and administers physician compensation strategies, models, and programs. The Vice President will develop compensation plans and incentives, direct the preparation of compensation models, document fair market value and commercial reasonableness, administer physician contracts and associated reporting, create and maintain policies and best practices, and monitor industry trends involving physician compensation. Additionally, the Vice President will ensure physician compensation models and practices are effective, well understood, compliant with applicable state and federal laws and regulations, and aligned with CHRISTUS's physician compensation philosophy and with strategic objectives.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Accounting, Business, Economics, Health Administration, Math, Statistics or related fields required.
- Master's in Business, Health Administration, related discipline or CPA preferred.
- High proficiency skills in Microsoft Excel and financial systems.
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication, including presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Maturity to tolerate pressure that may arise in relation to physicians or administration.
- Strong understanding of Stark, Anti-Kickback Statute, FMV concepts and national benchmarking.
- Working familiarity of tax laws, equal employment opportunity laws, and pay equity regulations.
- At least eight - ten years healthcare experience, including experience in designing and implementing physician compensation models and aligning with health system strategies required.
- None required