Summary: Responsible for the marketing, management and administration of the planned giving program.
Reports to: Chief Development Officer
Supervises: Manager, Planned Giving
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead planned giving program strategy
- Respond to prospect inquires, prepare gift annuity and trust illustrations, communicate with donors, financial advisors and chapters, and accurately book gifts. File required state registrations.
- Handle probate administration including communicating with attorneys, trust officers, executors and chapters.
- Maintain portfolio of donors, prospects and annuitants, providing regular stewardship and cultivation. Respond to bequest inquires generated by direct mail and other marketing activities.
- Oversee marketing for planned gifts including newsletter, direct-mail promotions, brochures, website, and Legacy Circle.
- Respond to chapter inquiries regarding bequests, stock gifts, and planned gifts, including real or personal property, insurance, and trusts.
- Recommend strategies for growing planned giving program through training chapter staff and volunteers and marketing planned gifts to volunteers, staff and donors. Maintains relationships with vendors for planned giving products including our investment advisor, annuity consultant, and legal counsel.
- Oversee external vendor to ensure proper and timely income payments.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the LLS mission and programs to promote the field and campaign fundraising initiatives.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 7-10 years of leadership experience in planned giving and/or major giving
- Legal, brokerage or insurance background preferred
- Experience building fundraising programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite and database software.
- Able to communicate financial matters in a mature style and understandable manner with donors and advisors across a wide range of financial sophistication.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex legal and financial documents.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
- Work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations