As the Vice President of Pricing, you will be executing the following:
• Accountable for analysis of portfolio profitability for all segments, providing meaningful insights and effective communication to guide underwriting strategy.
• Collaborates with segment leaders on ratemaking and pricing strategies, providing analytical direction to the development and execution of underwriting strategy for all products and geographies.
• Partners with segment leadership to conduct due diligence analysis of new opportunities.
• Proactively informed and communicates company and industry frequency and severity trends.
Product support and tools
• Accountable for state level rate review process for admitted products. Ensures an effective and efficient process for state level analysis, rate changes, and filing support.
• Develops and implements long-term rate plan and pricing tool design for all products.
• Provides actuarial insight for the product development and management function.
• Ensures appropriate tools are available for use by underwriters to price both individual risks and manage a portfolio of business.
• Develops and maintains a dynamic, high performing team aligned with profitable growth.
• Serves as a key member of the actuarial leadership team and is expected to develop relationships and influence throughout the organization.
• Expected to lead significant cross-functional projects and initiatives to drive profitable growth.
• Responsible for the effective management of a substantial expense budget.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Mathematics, Business, and/or related field.
• Actuarial Fellow Designation (FCAS) and Member of the American Academy of Actuaries (MAAA).
• Fifteen (15) years of experience in a Commercial P&C insurance oriented environment with a broad exposure to product and distribution models. Has a strong emphasis in pricing, including ten (10) years prior management/supervision experience.
Other Credentials and Job Requirements:
• Highly strategic leader that will contribute to the development and execution of pricing and ratemaking strategy in support of UW goals.
• Strong actuarial analytical capabilities. Able to deliver practical, effective solutions to complex problems.
• Exceptional collaboration and communication skills, including influence without authority. Proven track record of being a trusted and effective business partner to leaders across all functions of the organization.
• In-depth understanding of property-casualty insurance including underwriting, product management, distribution management, and technology.
• Experience with developing a dynamic, high performing team. Ensures the team has the right people, the right skills, and held accountable for consistent execution.
• Adept at working with a modern technology toolset (R, Python, etc.) and cultivate strong technical skills on the team.
• Demonstrated ability to meet budget with discipline and planning.
GuideOne Insurance was founded upon two key philosophies that endure to this day: a commitment to social responsibility, and a dedication to serving customers in select niche markets.
At GuideOne Insurance, we believe that our people are our greatest asset. We encourage our employees to work towards common goals and succeed together. GuideOne is a recognized expert in providing Commercial Lines insurance and financial services to:
• Churches and Houses of Worship
• Small Businesses
• Educational Institutes
• Non-Profit Organizations
• Programs Business
• Specialty Lines of Business
Rich Benefits Package:
• 401K includes a match up to 7% at 100%.
• Generous time off program including; personal, holiday, and volunteer paid time off.
• Flexible work schedules.
• Wellness incentives.
• Free Basic Life and AD&D.
• Free short-term and long-term disability.
• Educational assistance program.
• 3 different medical plans options to meet individual needs, including dental and vision.
• Company sponsored community volunteer opportunities.
No immigration sponsorship is offered for this position.
This Company Participates in E-Verify
Background Check Required