HealthFitness has an exciting new opportunity for a VP, Product in our Corporate Headquarters in Lake Forest, IL or Minneapolis, MN. This key individual will be responsible for developing, implementing and stewarding a product lifecycle framework that aligns with the vision and strategic plan. The framework translates market needs into offerings, actionable business plans and product roadmaps to support company strategic and financial targets. This position serves as the product leader across the product portfolio and is responsible for monitoring product performance and aligning with strategy. This position is expected to drive collaboration and alignment with all key stakeholders to develop an executable product line business plans. Success in this role will be based on the ability to develop and manage a strong, aligned product vision and business plan tied to strategic, business, and financial targets.
Product Development and Management Discipline:
- Apply consistent product development methods and processes across product families; owns the development, deployment and enforcement of the end-to-end product lifecycle. Delivers on short term/annual priorities plus ensuring cross-departmental alignment for execution of 3 to 5 year roadmap.
- Coordinate cross-product integration, and maintain a broader vision for the product line Establish goals and manage to product scorecards and product line reviews communicating progress across internal and external stakeholder groups.
- Establishes and drives effective launch and ongoing development of all products including legal, quality and compliance requirements Establish expectations and thresholds for quality, operations and service performance of products. Directs pricing philosophy and market approach; Monitors key product portfolio utilization, satisfaction, and financial measures.
- Educate, train and hold team accountable on product development process and optimized product management.
Product Innovation and Evolution:
- Aligning and maintaining the overall product vision for our entire suite of product families in alignment with the business strategic plan.
- Overall ownership, alignment and delivery commitment of internal and client-facing roadmaps for all of our product families.
- Developing a deep understanding of the business drivers for our markets profitability, pricing, services mix, sales channels, etc.
- Leverages market and consumer intelligence; market segmentation, market sizing and persona definitions, and collaboration with key internal stakeholders to ensure our products and services meet market demand and demonstrate value to our customers.
Strategy and Business Execution:
- Developing and executing product & business growth strategies for all product families (business plans).
- Overseeing and managing the product family suite strategy including influencing build, buy and partner decisions.
- Participating in due diligence for acquisitions and executing relevant components of acquisition integration.
- Builds and maintains strong internal and external partnerships across all levels of the organization to drive business results.
- Works with product team and the business/finance leadership on the oversight and monitoring of financial and qualitative product performance.
- Maps company strategy and business objectives to the product roadmap.
- Leads, directs and fosters efforts across product lifecycle by facilitating alignment, creating action and inspiring innovation across key company departments/stakeholders.
Leadership and Development:
- Lead and manage the product organization.
- Align and develop team to deliver on product objectives; create a high-performing product development, innovation and management environment.
- Develop or acquire needed product competencies for the product team.
- Work cross-functionally to establish and inform of product disciplines and standards.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree and ten or more years of relevant business experience including 5+ years product leadership experience, or equivalent combination education and experience.
- Strong product proficiency; ability translate strategy into solutions and to articulate value and product differentiation.
- Demonstrated success in developing and managing products from concept to launch and across the entire product lifecycle.
- Strong business modeling and financial management acumen including a proven track record in managing products, meeting or exceeding financial and strategic objectives. Leverages results and data driven decisions and actions.
- Proven record to achieve results and lead across a matrixed organization including the ability to influence and drive cross-departmental outcomes and decisions.
- Excellent cross-functional facilitation skills. Excels at collaborating and achieving results in a matrixed organization without direct authority.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, presentation and negotiation skills, including the ability to build effective relationships at all levels.
- Strong listening and comprehension skills, including the ability to identify underlying market and customer needs and translate those needs into product and service solutions.
- Excellent people leadership skills; including leading, mentoring and developing teams.
- Proficiency in technology use and best practices; Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to travel periodically, including overnight stays.
- Masters’ degree or MBA or related discipline.
- Product development/management experience in a B2B service environment.
- Experience with delivery direct to customer using a people centric delivery model.
- Conceptual and strategic marketing skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.