Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Role Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environmental & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a candidate with skills in communications and video production and editing to join our Chantilly, Virginia Water Resources Department on an on-call basis. The ideal candidate will have experience with communications using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and production and editing of videos for training and education on water and environmental topics. We are looking for a multi-disciplined talent, able to conduct video and photography work. You need to be the type of person that is passionate about videography and visual arts and can transform this passion into enthusiasm and creativity to educate and inform others.
As the safety of our employees is our primary core value, you will need to have strong focus on safety and look out for safety and wellbeing of your colleagues whether shooting on location or working in the office.
- Co-ordinate overall audio-visual production activities (production, post–production and delivery) ensuring appropriate scheduling of activities; management of budgets, projects and resources
- Plan and deliver video and audio production activities, including liaison with clients (internal & external), and location-based recording
- Written and verbal communication with teammates and clients
- Production; management of location shoots, directing and filming videos (including lighting and audio)
- Post-production creation and implementation of graphics and voice-overs to videos, video editing, distribution, and ensuring key brief objectives are met
- Maintenance of the production schedule and support of the other team members and activities
- Sharing the production learnings and providing best practice training to broader team
- Some travel/field work may be required (usually in the DC metropolitan area)
Skills / Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent required (Associates degree or equivalent certification in video/film production a plus)
- 2+ years experience in video production including pre and post production
- Experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to give and accept direction
- Strong video production skills, including camera operation, lighting and sound recording
- Excellent audio/video editing and postproduction skills (preferably in Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Audition)
- Excellent attention to detail and will have the ability to work alone or as part of a team
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
If you believe you have the necessary knowledge, experience and enthusiasm to succeed in this position, then we would like to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing laws.
By submitting your resume, you consent to Wood plc sharing this information within its divisions in order to identify other employment opportunities for which you may be suitable.
Negotiable based on experience