At Lifesize, we understand the power of connecting people to make the workplace great. For more than a decade, Lifesize has been at the forefront of video collaboration, delivering high-quality solutions designed to bring people together. We combine a best-in-class, cloud-based video conferencing experience, with award-winning, easy-to-use devices that are designed for any conference room so you can connect to anyone, anywhere. It’s a meeting experience like no other. Our video conferencing solutions are designed for the demands of today’s modern enterprise, yet fully accessible to businesses of any size. For more information, visit www.lifesize.com or follow the company @LifesizeHD.
As the Video Software Engineer, you will participate in the development and implementation of the video processing and compression technology in a next-generation video communication system. You will have the opportunity to work with technical leaders and innovators in the industry. Successful candidates will have the desire to work in a fast-paced environment, developing cutting-edge technology in a professional engineering environment.
- Contribute to the development of our next-generation video conferencing products including designing, implementing, and testing advanced video features
- Prototype and evaluate complex algorithms in order to select the best one for a given application
- Build and execute test harnesses to verify the correct operation of an algorithm
- 6+ years industry work experience
- A strong software engineering background with the ability to design, document and implement complex algorithms, particularly as it relates to improving subjective image quality
- Superior C++ programming skills
- Solid understanding of embedded video compression and developing embedded systems
- Proven track record of delivering products on time and to design as well as testing and verifying to ensure correct functionality Methodical and systematic approach to troubleshooting
- Ability to take an idea, prototype it and implement it in a real world environment
- Ability to see the big picture, understand, and prioritize to meet schedules
- Ability to think outside the box, bring ideas to the team and drive them to completion
- Positive "Can Do" attitude with a strong desire to learn and understand how things work
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work both independently and with team
- BSCS/CE degree or equivalent work experience
- Previous experience on GStreamer
- Previous experience designing and implementing core video compression algorithms
- Familiarity with video conferencing protocols including H.323, SIP, and H.241
- Proficient at designing and implementing error concealment techniques to improve image quality in environments where there is heavy packet loss
Lifesize, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Lifesize does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, or disability.