Decypher is a leading integrator of professional, technology, and management solutions and services. We provide our services globally to Federal, Commercial, Local and State clients. Our employees are our most valuable asset and play an integral role in the success of Decypher and our clients. Working at Decypher is not a job, but a career where your talent and energy is respected and you can personally make a difference. Decypher invites you to join our professional team. Decypher is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/D/V).
TheVideo Telecommunications Specialist I will provide IT Services Support for the Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) directorates at Wright-Patterson AFB, OH. This support includes tasks to ensure an effective Information Management concept and structure that fosters timely deployment and optimal operation of Information Systems to support the research of the AFRL mission.
- Support Video Teleconference (VTC) and meeting support that includes scheduling, set-up, maintenance, and coordination of all VTC activities.
- Support VTC connections via both point to point and bridged connections.
- Support high definition VTC systems.
- Support VTC connections via both ISDN and IP based connections.
- Perform basic troubleshooting of equipment and connections.
- Support management and arrangement for, hardware and software maintenance services on all AFRL-owned computer-communications systems equipment related to VTC activities within AFRL organizations.
- Support installation and configuration any software needed on the customer’s equipment for VTC activities.
- Support coordination with other locations to assure communications are reliable and consistent for all equipment in the Directorate.
- Provide inputs supporting customer requirements for developing new VTC business or productivity applications or equipment, including: documenting requirements and specifications, identifying solutions, and acquiring, implementing, documenting, training, testing and validating applications.
- Support activities within the configuration management process related to VTC equipment, applications and software. Provide support for configuration management for software, including licensing and warranty documentation. Adhere to Government prescribed procedures for notification and delivery of periodic releases and upgrades to the Government Configuration Control Manager (CM).
- Support collection of metrics data measures of responsiveness, completeness, and effectiveness of the service, and report data to stakeholders. Maintain the records for a minimum period of 1 year to ensure a statistically acceptable sampling in terms of both the current and cumulative quality of performance.
- Support Information Assurance/Cybersecurity programs carried out in full compliance with relevant Federal, DoD, AF, AFMC, Base, and Organizational regulations, instructions, and procedures.
- High School Diploma
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in the video telecommunications operations and activities field or in a related area or equivalent.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Must be US Citizen
- Must have a Secret Clearance
- Proficiency with software/hardware and tools associated with this position
- Proficiency with MS Office (Including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access)