We have an opening for a Director, Virtual Health to work at our corporate headquarters in Brentwood, TN!
Premise Health is a leading work site health and patient engagement company dedicated to improving the cost and quality of employee healthcare. We believe healthcare should be about helping people get, stay and be well. That’s our mission and it’s the foundation of everything we do. With more than 40 years of experience, Premise Health manages more than 500 work site-based health and wellness centers across the country. The company serves more than 200 of the nation’s leading employers, including a significant number of the Fortune 1000.
Summary: The Virtual Health Director oversees and directs the operations management of the virtual health product at Premise Health. The Director is a subject matter expert and provides expertise managing operational aspects of the Virtual Health Program, Virtual Health Physicians and Member Engagement Specialist staff.
- Directs and manages operational aspects of Premise Health’s virtual health services in conjunction with Premise Health’s Virtual Medical Director and Strategy Leader
- Identifies processes to improve overall performance of virtual health products and defines measurements of performance standards to integrate corporate strategies.
- Demonstrates strong business acumen and knowledge of staffing, capacity, ROI, budget, margins, service and product offerings, to implement and drive client specific and relevant operational outcomes.
- Identifies and solves complex operational problems effectively with an emphasis on developing proactive approaches utilizing internal support.
- Owns client/site meetings, committees, and task forces to support strategic initiatives and goals.
- Provides effective leadership, coaching, and mentoring.
- Builds talent to proactively manage line of service.
- Consults with Medical, Legal or Compliance departments regarding regulations, practices act, practice law, certification requirements etc.
- May be asked to complete ad hoc projects
- Ensures that all virtual health physicians are staffed completely in order to meet staffing requests.
- Creates and maintains systems to ensure workload is properly captured and optimized.
- Manages team of member engagement specialists
- Oversight of national virtual physicians in conjunction with Virtual Health Medical Director
- Acts as the primary support contact for virtual health questions (becomes SME for Operations and other internal staff as needed).
- Trains staff in the utilization of the Virtual Health Management Platform.
- Ensures optimal use of virtual health resources.
- Works collaboratively with all team members and support staff to coordinate patient care and utilization of resources.
- Assists with the development of other reports as needed.
- Coordinates first tier issues that may arise.
- Provides excellent customer services to both internal and external clients.
- 7 years’ experience in a business environment or related industry, managing others
- Experience in an Operations function required
- Experience in working with healthcare professionals and understand medical terminology and healthcare operations.
- Prior clinical experience is preferred
- Experience managing remote teams
- Healthcare experience managing telehealth program preferred
- Prior budget and P&L responsibility required
- Demonstrated experience with medical information management systems preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in clinical field, health care, or business.
- Master’s degree in healthcare or business preferred.
- Demonstrated process or efficiency management.
- Strong Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook skills required
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills required
- Excellent demonstrated follow up skills & attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Strong relationship building skills
- Ability to interact at all levels of the organization (both internal and external)
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills
- Demonstrated adaptability and ability to manage change
- Knowledge of Workers’ Compensation, Medicare and/or clinical standards of practice preferred.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, and stooping all day.