Our client, one of the largest financial services firms, is seeking a Business Analyst.
Location: Irving, TX
The position sits within the Virtualization Services Infrastructure Support team, which provides CTI Virtualization Infrastructure. The platform consists of over 1000 VMware ESX hosts with extensive use of high availability clustering and advanced virtualization techniques. The platforms comprise a multitude of vendors, including VMware, HP and Client.
The position reports to a CTI NA Virtualization Infrastructure manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for ESX server builds and maintenance, Hypervisor, Virtual Center and cluster configuration, loading standard VMware packages, and troubleshooting of the entire Virtualization infrastructure. Additional responsibilities include work with Audit/Compliance teams to install and maintain security updates and patches. Knowledge of VMware virtualization products is a must for this position along with background on CTI operational procedures.
• Build and maintain VMware vSphere architecture products including ESX, ESXi, vCenter, and VUM
• Advanced troubleshooting of critical end to end components that comprise the Virtualization infrastructure
• Input physical data centre requirements in Inventory system, i.e., server make/model, storage requirements, backup/monitoring requirements
• Work servers through installation workflow to meet Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
• Interface with data centre site delivery teams to resolve dependent infrastructure issues, physical repair, cabling, Aperture workflows.
• Build out server infrastructure per application requirements and build scripts
• Manage change management through internal systems
• Willingness to work in a high-volume and mission critical system support
• Effectively collaborate with Engineering, architecture, application development, requirements group, QA, testing and PMO teams
• Work with Audit/Compliance teams to install and maintain security updates and patches
• Manage trouble and request queues ensuring timely resolution
• Daily justification of audit events via multiple tracking systems
• Monitor status of critical system services reporting performance and server health
• Develop mutually beneficial working relationships with clients
• On call rotation to facilitate 24x7 break/fix support
CO - Contractor