LeMay – America's Car Museum is looking for educators, instructors, or community/youth developers with experience
engaging youth in inquiry-based learning to engage students and Museum visitors in educational tours and programs. The
Educator/Facilitator will guide engaging gallery activities, tours, and workshops. The Educator/Facilitator will use their
knowledge of teaching, engagement strategies, and passion for automotive history and technology to provide excellent,
engaging, programs. The contractor will facilitate these programs 2-3 days or 12-24 hours a week, as needed.
This position requires occasional evening or weekend work. This position description has been designed to indicate the
general nature and level of work performed by jobholders within this role. It is not designed to contain, or be interpreted as, a
comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job. To
perform the job successfully, an employee must perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily.
1. Facilitate positive engagement, innovative thinking, inquiry-based learning, and customization of programs to support
lifelong learning for all visitors;
2. Work with Museum staff to bring expertise from the field of teaching, museums, informal education, and/or formal
education to increase the impact of Museum Education programs at ACM and in the community by increasing participants
served with high quality programs and resources;
3. Provide outstanding customer service, hospitality, and attention to detail;
4. Ensure best practices in execution through continual assessment and evaluation.
Under the general direction of the Education Manager and/or the Education Coordinator, the contracted Educator/facilitator will
be responsible for:
1. Customizing education programs and events to meet learning goals and provide an exceptional experience at the
Museum and within the Museum Education program;
2. Facilitating inquiry based tours and workshops to teach and deliver engaging learning opportunities for students,
visitors, and educators;
3. Collaborating with Museum Educators, volunteer interns, or part-time staff to facilitate outstanding educational
experiences at the Museum and through community outreach.
The incumbent for this position must be at least 21 years of age, have the ability to pass an in-depth background check, and possess:
A minimum of two years’ experience in the teaching field or working with K-12 youth; A Bachelor’s Degree (preferred), Knowledge of
and passion for cars, automotive history and technology. The incumbent must be a team player able to work independently and
NOTE: Application elements include the following three items:
1. Cover letter
3. Professional reference contact numbers (minimum of three)
Email all application materials to HR@AmericasCarMuseum.org .
NOTE: All application materials must be received to be considered for this position.