Love What You Do.
As a Visual / Merchandising Manager at Room & Board, your work inspires our customers and builds confidence in our design associates. You bring your talent to the showroom aesthetics in a manner that is consistent with Room & Board's design philosophy, connects with the lifestyles of our Atlanta customers and is reflective of the unique architecture of our showroom.
This role is more physical in nature as you spend the majority of your time (80%) working with the details of the showroom (e.g., hanging frame walls, moving displays, introducing new assortments, etc.). You educate and illustrate the team on how the showroom supports the selling process. As a creator of a beautiful showroom, you also seek to understand the needs of the business and support strategies that drive sales. You will also work as a partner with Room & Board's design team at our Home Office, helping them understand local competition, trends and meaningful design shifts that influence future product development and merchandising of the Room & Board brand in the showroom.
The balance of the time (20%) you’ll spend your time on the showroom as a Design Associate in a selling position - a great opportunity to see firsthand the influence of your merchandising! This position manages the visual function, but does not have any direct reports.
Our Visual /Merchandising Associate strengths include:
- The ability to blend business confidence with design savvy, and an incredible eye for details.
- You are a mentor and an educator, engaging the design team in showroom presentation to further develop design confidence. You partner with the team to build excitement and inspiration.
- You are a student of the world around you and understand how a home evolves based on life changes, technology, sustainability and other social influences.
- The natural assumption of accountability for sales and the broader business.
- 5+ years of related visual or merchandising experience, including knowledge in color theory. You have an eye for detail, not perfection.
- Design Savvy. You are passionate about design, know the trends and love the Room & Board brand. You have a natural ability to understand color, texturing, mixing and matching to develop spaces that are both functional and inspiring.
- Natural at building relationships. You enjoy people and being a strong partner, collaborating with your team and design partners at our home office to inspire our customer and drive the business in the Atlanta market.
- Effective communication skills. You bring professional, consistent and timely communication to ensure that you create the best experiences for our customers, retail team and home office.
- Strong planning and organizational skills. You have a game plan that is aligned to sales and the broader business, but are also agile as you balance routine responsibilities with customer and business needs. You bring an aptitude for good time management and process execution.
- Skilled in Technology. You are comfortable navigating technology and leveraging tools and resources to successfully accomplish the task at hand. Working knowledge of floor planning software (Icovia is preferred).
The safety and wellbeing of our staff members is paramount. We recognize this role requires physical stamina and therefore require final candidates to complete a pre-employment physical.
In this role, our Visual/Merchandising Associate will be available to work a combination of days, early evenings and weekends. You’ll find work/life balance in the way we schedule. You will work 40 hours/week and a Tuesday – Saturday schedule.
Job Location: 1170 Howell Mill Road NW, Suite 110 Atlanta, GA 30318
- A guaranteed salary + overtime
- A comprehensive benefit package, including profit sharing and three weeks of paid vacation.
- Room & Board is an environment of inclusion.
Throughout their career, our Visual / Merchandising Associates enjoy being able to go deeper in their roles and are given additional opportunities to serve within their teams and communities.
If you have a portfolio available, please submit as an attachment in the online application process.
To view all benefits offered by Room & Board, click here.
To learn more about working at Room & Board, visit www.roomandboard.com/careers
About Our Company
Our collaborative spirit leaves little room for bureaucracy and cumbersome rules. Instead we keep it simple, take accountability, solve problems and ultimately do the right thing. We believe in each other.
Room & Board is a privately held, national retailer of modern home furnishings based in Minneapolis, Minnesota with locations across the country. Since 1980, we’ve been providing extraordinary experiences for our customers as we help them create homes they love. We create exclusive contemporary designs and believe expertly crafted American-made furniture offers the best value in terms of quality, design longevity and environmental sustainability.
We seamlessly serve our customers through 16 stores, a robust e-commerce site, Business Interiors channel and Customer Care support. Join us and love what you do. It makes for a great day at work.
Building common ground through understanding and shared experiences. We’re better together.