At Talbots, we help our customers look and feel their best. The Talbots Operations Manager (OM) partners with the General Manager or Store Manager (the “Manager”) to lead the team in creating a hospitable environment for customers and associates alike. The OM is a role model for creating exceptional customer experiences enabling the team to create individual experiences for our customers and build enduring relationships. In partnership with the Manager, the OM is responsible for driving the business forward specifically as it relates to merchandising principles, store systems and other operational activities.
- Is customer-centric and understands the importance of creating exceptional customer experiences.
- Ambitious and enthusiastic in creating an environment for both the store and team to succeed.
- Reinforces consistent operational standards through coaching, training and accountability.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills, a high level of integrity, fiscal responsibility, critical thinking, and leadership courage.
- Has strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast paced, ever-changing environment.
- Professional, assertive and friendly with the ability to make decisions independently.
- Model professionalism, strong work ethic, integrity and respect for others creating an environment that positions Talbots as an employer of choice.
- Educate, coach, mentor and inspire Sales Associates based on their individual strengths, opportunities and needs. This includes onboarding new talent, driving key performance indicators, managing inventory, visual merchandising, etc.
- Create a collaborative, team environment where all associates are held accountable and proud to
- uphold the same standards, policies and procedures. Provide coaching and feedback when necessary and address performance/disciplinary action when required.
- Stay abreast of the business and key business drivers to strategically identify opportunities that will maximize sales and ensure financial goals are achieved.
- Analyze store reports to optimize payroll and control expenses.
- Understand the appropriate balance needed between operational and selling energy at various times of the month and assist the Manager in proper planning/scheduling.
- Lead all areas of operational excellence.
- Work in partnership with the Manager to manage and control all operating expenses.
- Educate, train and reinforce brand standards and company policies and procedures.
- Maintain store specific information found online including store hours, phone number, address, etc.
- Act as store lead and liaison for all store systems: VOIP, POS, handheld devices, etc.
- Plan and prioritize tasks and responsibilities to meet the needs of the business.
- Protect company assets and maintain a safe work environment.
- Follow all company policies and procedures as well as local, state, and federal employment laws.
Creating the Customer Experience:
- Capable of creating a selling culture where all associates align around the needs of our customers.
- Willing to assist customers and/or support team as needed to create an exceptional customer experience.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships that support a productive work environment.
- Clearly communicate store information, brand initiatives and other pertinent information in order to better enhance the customer experience.
- Professionally represent the Talbots brand image and ensure all associates meet same standards.
- Two or more years of specialty retailing experience preferred with emphasis on store operations. One year of leadership experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to meet or exceed performance standards.
- An essential function of the job is the ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- An essential function of the job is the ability to move about in a store including standing, walking, kneeling, stooping, climbing ladders, using stairs, carrying, bending, stretching, twisting, or
- reaching out with the body, arms, or legs, pulling and lifting objects up to 40 pounds. Sometimes these movements are made quickly and repeatedly.
- An essential function of the job is the ability to navigate computer/handheld systems with intermediate computer and keyboarding skills.
- Able to work cooperatively in a diverse work environment.
- Able to relocate and open to opportunities in other areas of the business.
- High school degree required. College degree preferred.
Note: This position description is intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by associates assigned to this job. It is not intended to be inclusive of all duties and responsibilities and is subject to change.