TITLE: Vacuum Insulated Tubing (VIT) Process Engineer
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: This engineering position will support the production of Vacuum Insulated Tubing at the Houma, Louisiana plant. The engineering activities include leading the continuous improvement process for VIT manufacturing. Will lead projects designed to improve quality and efficiency of the manufacturing process including implementation of Capex initiatives. Responsibilities may include expansion, construction of new manufacturing facilities. Some domestic travel will be required.
1. Perform engineering evaluations and analysis of VIT production processes.
2. Participate in design, conduct tests, and lead installation of process and tooling enhancements.
3. Perform analysis to determine root causes for product rework.
4. Develops and implement process control improvements.
5. Analyze equipment reliability and maintenance issues. Establish improvement plans.
6. Interface with managers, supervisors, Vallourec technical groups and customers regarding manufacturing processes and product design.
7. Anticipate problems and develop alternative action plans to minimize production delays and interruptions.
8. Maintain company safety standards at all times.
9. Participate in Company continuous improvement and safety initiatives.
10. Participate in project budget development.
11. Analyze and approve project design changes and modifications within scope of responsibility.
12. Coordinate contractors and suppliers to meet project goals.
13. Maintain communication within project team and with other groups and individuals involved in the project.
14. Provide status and progress reports to customer, project teams, and management.
15. Assure all necessary project documentation is properly organized and maintained.
16. Travel to project sites, vendor locations and other locations as required to develop and complete projects.
17. Perform other duties as assigned.
REPORTS TO: Plant manager, Departmental manager, VP Manufacturing and/or President, or applicable per facility
EDUCATION: Undergraduate engineering or technical degree (Electrical Engineer preferred) Masters degree desirable.
EXPERIENCE: at least 3 years engineering experience in manufacturing environment or related field. Knowledge of industrial automation basics highly desirable. Some experience with lean manufacturing will be a plus.
SPECIAL SKILLS: Requires strong oral and written communication skills. Autonomy and clarity of communication are utmost success factors. Position also requires advanced analytical skills, advanced understanding with practical application to solve complex problems with internal and external customers. Strong ability to use Windows Office Application Software (Excel, Word, etc…) and other business oriented softwares.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Class V Vallourec Tube-Alloy Physical & Environmental Requirements
TRAINING REQUIREMENTS: As detailed in Minimum Training Requirements Manual.