Vocational Lecturer - Dental Hygiene - Part Time - MAL0001422
Duties and Responsibilities
VOCATIONAL LECTURER DENTAL HYGIENE - PART TIME
MALCOLM X COLLEGE
Malcolm X College is currently seeking a part-time Faculty to teach Dental Hygiene. If you have passion for teaching and learning, and are committed to the mission of the community college, consider joining our team. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in the clinical setting by developing and using effective teaching strategies that meet students’ diverse needs and engage the student in critical thinking, problem-solving and development of clinical skills.
- Demonstrate pre-clinical and clinical skills to dental hygiene students
- Assess students in the clinical setting
- Administer local anesthetic
- Integrate new technologies in the clinical setting
- Apply the American Academy of Periodontology diagnosis guidelines in the clinical setting
- Inspire, motivate and empower students to succeed.
- Maintain office hours for mentoring students.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Current Illinois Dental Hygiene License with at least two years of full-time clinical experience.
- Ability to perform all prescribed duties listed in the Illinois Dental Practice Act.
- Proficient in digital radiography
- Knowledge of dental software systems and Microsoft office preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to communicate with diverse group of staff and students required
- Experience with a diverse, multi-lingual student population is desired, as is a commitment to the open access mission of the community college.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!
Primary Location: Malcolm X College
Employee Type: Part Time | Regular
Union Code: N/A