This position will have primary responsibility for providing guidance and counseling in a professional manner to individuals with disabilities in order that they may attain and maintain competitive employment in the least restrictive environment. The VR Counselor will be responsible for ensuring consumer choice throughout the VR process. The VR Counselor will coordinate rehabilitation services from intake through plan development and placement services. The VR Counselor will provide consumers with information to facilitate informed choices regarding planned program services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
These duties and responsibilities will be rated on the Annual Performance Review.
- Rehabilitate eligible applicants who are severely and most severely disabled
- To perform eligibility determinations for program applicants.
- To perform eligibility determinations based on the DOE/DVR 95% state standard.
- To write and initiate Individualized Plans for employment.
- To maintain a specified number of active cases on individual caseload.
- Performs related duties and responsibilities as assigned/requested.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Rehabilitate a specific number of eligible applicants who are severely and most severely disabled.
- Rehabilitate a specified number of eligible applicants across all severity categorical designations. Maintain a 55.8% rehabilitation rate; maintain a 97.5% rate of competitive employment to maintain a specified average annual salary at placement for all successful rehabilitation closures.
- Provide and coordinate professional vocational rehabilitation counseling to individuals with a diversity of disabilities in order that they may attain employment.
- Access client information, maintain case records, produce correspondence, and perform other automated functions within the scope of the position’s responsibilities; assess medical, psychological, and vocational information to determine eligibility.
- Develop an Individualized Plan for employment with the full participation of the customer with a disability to determine employment outcomes.
- Conduct in-depth interviews with individuals with disabilities requiring rehabilitation strategies to determine eligibility for vocational rehabilitation services and the feasibility for achieving employment outcomes.
- Provide information to assist individuals with disabilities in making informed choices regarding services, service providers, and employment outcomes; negotiate with individuals with disabilities regarding plan development.
- Develop employer contacts and serve as liaison with local employers. Collaborate with DOE/DVR team members in employment service activities. Utilize the resources of community rehabilitation in securing appropriate employment services for eligible individuals with disabilities. Manage resources to ensure financial accountability according to state and federal regulations. Collaborate with community partners to assure appropriate use of available resources. Participate in training experiences designed to enhance professional competency in vocational rehabilitation.
- Successfully rehabilitate customers in accordance with established goals. Provide guidance and counseling to customers during the entire rehabilitation process. Document the rehabilitation process in the client's case file in accordance with federal and state regulations and policies. Fiscally account for all client services expenditures.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSURES
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in a social, behavioral or rehabilitative science, education, or related field, and one year of professional experience in counseling or in a public vocational rehabilitation program; or a master's degree from an accredited college or university in a social, behavioral or rehabilitative science or education program can substitute for one year of required experience.
- CRC certification preferred.
- Spanish-speaking preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of the theories and practices in counseling.
- Knowledge of the principles and techniques of effective verbal and written communications. Knowledge of the methods of compiling, organizing, and analyzing data.
- Knowledge of medical and psychological aspects of disability groups.
- Knowledge of interviewing techniques.
- Ability to interview clients in order to determine eligibility for VR services.
- Ability to compile, organize and analyze medical and psychological data
- Ability to develop individual vocational rehabilitation programs and assess test results.
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate work assignments.
- Ability to communicate effectively. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Knowledge of the methods of data collection and analysis.
- Ability to conduct fact finding research.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to use problem solving techniques.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Benefits for eligible employees may include:
Because ServiceSource hires the best people, we work hard to provide benefits that make their lives better, so we offer a comprehensive benefit program which features:
- Health coverage for you and your family through Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Financial protection with 100% company paid Disability, Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance.
- A 403(b)-retirement plan in which the company matches dollar for dollar on a generous % you contribute up to 3%.
- Tax advantages through Flexible Spending and Health Savings accounts that allow you to pay for specific healthcare and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars
- To help you manage your work and life needs, we offer an Employee Assistance Program, Wellness Program and Tuition Reimbursement
- A generous paid time off program in which the benefits increase along with your tenure with the company.
When you join ServiceSource, you do more than simply switch companies to advance your career. You become a part of the ServiceSource family, a group of talented men and women who drive innovation, embrace change, and celebrate the global community.
ServiceSource is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. If accommodation is needed in the application process, arrangements can be made with the local regional office http://www.servicesource.org/contact-us.We are an E-Verify Employer and a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment background checks are required for all employment positions.
PAY TRANSPARENCY POLICY STATEMENT:
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information