Join one of the largest and most dependable nonprofit organizations in the nation!
For nearly 100 years, Easterseals has been the indispensable resource for individuals and families facing disability by providing services that make positive differences in people’s lives every day. Easterseals Southern California provides a variety of services that are designed to help people live, learn, work and play in their communities.
Join us at easterseals.com/southerncal as we work to change the way the world defines and views disabilities so that everyone can achieve their personal goals. #DisabilityTogether.
WorkFirst is a division of Easterseals Southern California that provides one-on-one, customized employment support services to individuals who are interested in finding and maintaining paid work or starting their own business. WorkFirst identifies each person’s talents, interests, goals and abilities in order to support him or her to find a job or business venture that can be fulfilling long-term.
WorkFirst helps people enhance their economic self-sufficiency, self-esteem and participation in the community.
Under direct supervision, provides individual employment services. Determines client interests, aptitudes, abilities, and personality characteristics for vocational planning purposes. Develops and executes job placement plan. Ensures accurate, complete files are established and maintained. Prepares associated reports.
- Completes the discovery process, determining personal attributes, interests, skills, talents, and preferences, resulting in a solid profile. Develops a personalized plan and determines opportunities
- Generates employment opportunities for clients through regular employer contacts, public relations, and community interaction. Follows up on leads with potential employers and develops jobs
- Completes paperwork and maintains files and client documentation
- Provides transportation to clients depending upon program design and job location
- HS diploma and 1 to 2 years' experience, or equivalent combination of training, education and experience to perform the job successfully
- 1-2 years' experience in job development with individuals with special needs or vocational rehabilitation.
- Hired associated will receive the Nationally certified ACRE (Association of Community Rehabilitation Educators) course in Customized Employment.
- Ability to communicate effectively through oral and written skills with all levels of staff and the public.
- Must be able to multi-task and accept challenges.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office Applications (Word, Outlook and Excel).
- Ability to obtain and maintain a criminal record/fingerprint clearance from the Department of Justice and Federal Bureau of Investigation per Easter Seals Southern California and/or program requirements.
- Ability to travel locally with reliable transportation, maintain driving record in compliance with Transportation Safety Standards, and must have and maintain proper auto insurance and vehicle registration.
- Ability to pass post-offer medical examination and test for tuberculosis
- Bilingual in Spanish REQUIRED
Why work with Easterseals? Here’s a few great reasons:
- You will make an impactful change in children and the lives of people with disabilities! This is an opportunity to invest into individuals who truly need your help to maximize their great potential!
- We provide not just a job, but a meaningful career for service minded people! Join a team that is supportive, positive, and puts a focus on your individual growth.
- We offer pay progressions!
- To enhance your growth, we provide ongoing training as well.
- We offer awesome employee benefits!
- We offer highly competitive pay!
While we do our best when taking care of others, we take care of you, too. ESSC offers several employee benefits!
Come join our team and we look forward to speaking with you!