About Frontier Communications
Frontier® Communications provides communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 29 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its FiOS® and Vantage™ fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier Business™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses.
- Perform service restorations of Commercial Business customer VoIP troubles and outages.
- Provide a point of escalation to the CCSC
- Provide direct business customer VoIP support, utilizing remote trouble isolation and service restoration techniques applicable to the customers IP connectivity.
- Provides network analysis concerning usage trends, voice traffic metrics, capacity planning and recurring events, as well as outage and incident patterns.
- Provides escalation for network-level troubleshooting activities as related to commercial voice networks, including but not limited to: analyzing packet captures, event logs, traffic and other diagnostic records.
- Collaborate and communicate directly with Network Operations Center Tier1 and 2 Specialists on customer effecting outages.
- Analyze network utilization and capacity to isolate customer service degradations.
- Analyze customer data and VoIP configurations.
- Provide Tier II technical support for Residential and Business VoIP customers.
- Create and document team process flows and work instructions utilizing Resolve, Microsoft Office and SharePoint databases.
- Direct and assist the field in troubleshooting and restoring Commercial Business customer VoIP issues.
- Available to work all shifts, weekends, and holidays on an assigned or rotational 24X7 operational schedule.
- Have a broad level of advanced technical knowledge, combined with the conceptual ability to relate work performed to the overall VoIP platform.
- Ability to identify, trend and troubleshoot VoIP service impacting troubles.
- Have a good understanding of a VoIP signaling protocol (SIP, MGCP or SCCP)
- Have a minimum of two years voice and /or data translations experience.
- Skilled in troubleshooting: LAN/WAN and digital switching technologies, software, hardware and servers, switches and modems.
- Must communicate in a highly professional manner with fellow associates, customers, customer IT teams and internal/external
- 5+ years of progressive experience as an individual contributor in the service provider voice environment
- Knowledge and experience with Voice Over IP (VoIP)
- A background in Data Network technologies such as routers, switches and firewalls is a plus
- Experience and certification in an SDWAN technology a must
- Working knowledge and experience with cloud technologies
- Demonstrated history of having a strong customer focus and prioritizing customer needs
- Demonstrated experience working with customer outage situations
- Demonstrated knowledge in virtual appliances within a cloud computing environment
- Strong analytical troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Adaptability and willingness to learn
- Excellent work ethic and ability to perform independently and within a team-based environment
- Detail-oriented with good verbal/written communication skills; active listener
Optional, but very relevant Certifications:
SSCA, MCT, CCP, Cisco or Juniper Networking Certifications