* Prepares truck for operation by inspecting general condition; checking fluid levels and tire pressure; obtaining or scheduling required repairs; validating adherence to road-ability standards in accordance with DOT regulations and company standards. Ability to perform routine operator maintenance.
* Complies with all safety regulations at the plant, truck, and driving set forth by the company and regulations under 49 CFR Part 383. Required to wear all assigned PPE and uniforms, to include hard hat, safety glasses, and ANSI 75 rated boots. * Loads truck with necessary aggregates, sand, and cement powder according to prescribed procedures, including water and other required additives. Also paying special attention to weight distribution and limits set forth by DOT regulations.
* Delivers product by identifying destinations; establishing route; operating the truck; and maintaining schedule.
* Mix and prepare concrete batch at jobsites in accordance to order specifications, using approved mix designs. Documents and communicates with appropriate departments (QC/Ops) any variances to mixes as requested by customer along with testing and/or other job site construction issues.
* Discharge concrete, involving deployment of extension chutes, placing on main chute, driving in and out of areas with heavy pedestrian traffic and various construction obstacles.* Demonstrates understanding for customer needs; provides superior service for internal/external customers. Responsible to identify and resolve any customer complaints and/or forward to the appropriate department.
* Upon completion of job, responsible for washing residual concrete from truck. Completes post trip inspection and documents using approved company forms.* Maintains truck operating efficiency by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; scheduling repairs.* Maintains safe operation and clean appearance by complying with organization operational policies, procedures, and standards, as well as state and local driving rules and regulations; cleans truck exterior and interior.* Maintains delivery, truck, and driving records by obtaining receipt acknowledgments; recording tracking information; completing driver log and truck performance forms and/or acceptable electronic version.* Expands job knowledge by participating in training opportunities.
* Desires having the opportunity to use job autonomy to maximize customer service, quality, and productivity while minimizing cost to operate truck/mixer.* Other duties and responsibilities to include remote projects related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis, as need to support the successful business operation.
Minimum of one-year directly related experience required.
High school diploma or GED.
Valid Class A or B CDL and appropriate state driver license.
Must have good communication skills, bilingual in Spanish preferred.
Frequent ability to lift or move up to 50 pounds throughout shift
Frequent ability to sit, climb, reach, and bend throughout shift
Ability to pass a DOT physical on annual basis, including a NIDA drug screen.
Ability to work in outdoor construction environments, with moderate noise levels.
US Concrete is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.U.S. Concrete