You appreciate our team approach to hospice care as a Volunteer Coordinator at AseraCare Hospice. That's because you know how to provide the best care to our patients and their families. Rather than treating the disease, we treat the whole person and that's why it's so important to have an expansive support network. So by providing support in your area of expertise, you will make a meaningful contribution to quality hospice care. Use your talent to make a difference today a Volunteer Coordinator at AseraCare Hospice with a wide variety of responsibilities each and every day. Are you ready to offer your expertise and experience to assist our objectives? You'll work to optimize customer satisfaction during these invaluable moments.
Provide oversight and leadership of the agency volunteer program.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Communicates consistently with volunteers about any changes in the patient's condition, interactions with patients/families, plan of care, and ensures timely and accurate documentation is occurring. Assigns volunteer(s) and provides pertinent information regarding his/her patient(s).
- Oversees all activities related to volunteer recruitment and conducts volunteer screening interviews. Coordinates volunteer on-boarding, ongoing education, and support meetings.
- Ensures the timely completion of volunteer referrals, conducts volunteer assessments, creates Care Plans for patients, and requests orders from the Medical Director.
- Participates in interdisciplinary team meetings, participates in the development and review of the plan of care for patients/families, and ensures agency-level compliance with all steps of the volunteer assignment process.
- Maintains all necessary volunteer records including the documentation of volunteer referrals, care plans, and visits. Validates that physician orders for volunteer services are in place according to current policy and regulations.
- Maintains social media presence using the agency Facebook page in accordance with AseraCare Social Media Guidelines.
- Coordinates the agency?s implementation of the We Honor Veterans program and ensures ongoing best practice training for staff in serving veterans.
- Ensures veteran hospice patients and/or spouses are identified and recognized for their service.
- Collaborates with veteran-serving organizations in the community and outreach/education on the needs of veterans at end of life.
- Supports business growth activities, participates on committees, and performs related duties and projects as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the agency supervisor.
CODE OF CONDUCT
Must adhere to the Company?s Code of Conduct and Business Ethics policy including documentation and reporting responsibilities.