Volunteer Coordinator - Part Time
U.S. Medical Management (USMM) is an affiliate of a leading Fortune 100 company. A national organization built on a continuum of care with premier healthcare providers, clinicians and patient focused individuals working together. Our Mission � �Through Compassionate Patient-Centered Care in the Home; We will Provide Exceptional Outcomes across our Continuum of Services� � Visiting Physicians Association, Pinnacle Senior Care, Grace Hospice, Comfort Hospice, Home DME & our In Home Health Assessments (IHA).
Our Values of Integrity, Respect, Teamwork & Excellence are leading us to a better tomorrow for patient care. Our Purposes Centered on �We are Unified in our Work through our Continuum of Services� �We can Find Comfort that We are Making a Difference for our Patients� & �We make a Broader Positive Impact on Society�, allows USMM to be poised for a phenomenal future.
We are seeking candidates who desire the experience of delivering quality & compassionate healthcare within proven care models with patients at the forefront of everything we do.
The Volunteer Coordinator provides supervision of the volunteers. In addition, the Volunteer Coordinator provides assistance in the hospice�s ancillary/office activities, as well as in direct patient care services, which will include offering to assist patients and families with volunteer needs until a volunteer can be placed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises volunteer staff and interfaces with all levels of management regarding volunteer activities
- Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of the volunteer�s performance
- Performs the training and orientation of volunteer, which will include the following:
- Their duties and responsibilities
- The persons to whom they report
- The person(s) to contact should they need assistance and instructions regarding performance of their duties and responsibilities
- Hospice goals, services, and philosophy
- Confidentiality and protection of the patient�s and family�s rights
- Family dynamics, coping mechanisms and psychological issues surrounding terminal illness, death and bereavement
- Procedures to be followed in an emergency, or following the death of the patient
- Guidance related specifically to individual responsibility
- Assumes the duties and responsibilities of a volunteer when working in that capacity
- Attends and successfully completes additional agency training, which is consistent with the specific tasks that the Volunteer Coordinator performs
- Participates in Performance Improvement activities
- Will communicate appropriately with patient, family and agency staff
- Will adhere to agency�s policies and procedures
- Will understand and apply basic infection control principles and procedures. Will contact supervisor with any concerns related to infection control
- Participates in interdisciplinary group meetings every 2 weeks, or more frequently if required
- Provides assistance in the agency�s ancillary and office activities
- Attends all mandatory in-services and meetings provided by agency
- Performs additional duties as assigned
REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- High School Diploma
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have and maintain an automobile to be used for work
- Has strong leadership and organizational skills
- Has satisfactorily passed Agency�s pre-employment testing/screening