Volunteer Opportunities Available at Burcham Hills.
Beauty Shop Transporter
Assist with transporting residents to and from their beauty shop appointments. Assist stylists in clerical work. Must be able to commit to at least once per week for 2 hours. Availability needs to be within Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays 9:00 am - 1:00 pm.
Visit with residents who may need extra one-on-one time. Must be able to commit to at least once per week for 2 hours. Availability needs to be within Sunday-Saturday 9:30 am � 11:30 am, 1:00 pm - 4:30 pm, 6:00 � 8:00 pm.
Aid the Master Gardener and Garden assistants throughout building/community as assigned.
Must have perennial gardening experience; Master Gardener program experience very helpful.
Volunteers are required to volunteer once per week for 2 hours at minimum.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Digging, planting and weeding flower beds and borders
- Pruning shrubs
- Checking the health of plants by identifying any pests or diseases and controlling them
- Applying nutrients to plants and maintaining moisture level
- Proper use, care and maintenance of tools and equipment
- Loading and unloading plants and planting material
- working with Residents and Recreation department activities