This recruitment is to establish an eligible list
WHO ARE WE
Established in 1945, the Orange County Employees Retirement System (OCERS) provides retirement, death, disability and cost-of living benefits to retirees of the County of Orange and certain County districts. Serving approximately 43,000 members, OCERS is governed by a ten member Board of Retirement that is responsible for managing a $16 billion dollar fund. For more information about OCERS, please click here.
Volunteer Opportunity Overview
Under general supervision, volunteers will perform various basic administrative, clerical, office support and technical duties in support of a department within the capacity of an OCERS' volunteer. Volunteer hours will range from 16 – 25 hours per week and will require volunteers to possess various skill sets. Volunteers will have the opportunity to receive practical work experience and skill development while learning the various career areas, functions, operations and activities of a pension system. Volunteers may be assigned to any of the following areas: Member Services, Human Resources/Administrative Services, Finance, Investments, Legal, Communications, Information Technology, Cyber Security, Internal Audit or the Executive Office.
Example of Duties:
- Be inclusive and possess the ability to work well with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible when working on assigned projects and tasks.
- Responsible with the ability to follow directions and work independently.
- Ability to effectively communicate with others and work within teams.
- Perform administrative and technical assignments and tasks to assist departments and to receive on-the-job exposure to various government and pension issues.
- Collect, compile, describe, organize, analyze, interpret and present data and information related to assigned area.
- Assist in the coordination of data and materials for the department or section; consult with OCERS staff, consultants, governmental agencies and associations to obtain and distribute information and data.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Commit to a minimum of 16 hours per week for 3 or more months. Flexible schedules are available, however, hours must be scheduled during normal business hours (Monday - Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 5 p.m.)
- Complete an online application and successfully pass an in-person interview.
- Successfully pass a Live Scan screening.
- Must have a positive attitude, willingness to learn and a desire to support the operations and functions of OCERS.
For additional information about this opportunity, please click here.
Benefits to Volunteers:
Volunteers will be able to gain valuable job skills within a professional office setting. Whether you are new to the workforce or a retiree looking to give back, volunteers will have an excellent opportunity to build their resumes, develop career skills, apply previous knowledge and network with professionals in their fields of interest.
To apply, all volunteer applications should include a copy of your resume and cover letter or letter of interest .
E-mail is the primary form of notification during the recruitment process. Please ensure your correct e-mail is on your application and only use one e-mail account.
It is recommended that you record or print your confirmation page, as this verifies receipt of your on-line application.
You may apply on-line at the OCERS website: www.ocers.org