The coordinator will promote, organize, maintain and expand volunteerism which meets the needs of the population we serve. The coordinator will have control and responsibility of the schedule(s) and duties for which volunteers are utilized. Responsibilities will include proposing and implementing policies and procedures relating to the overall and daily operation of programs utilizing volunteers as well as training and monitoring of volunteer performance. This is a regular full time position with a workweek expectation of 30-40 hours per week as schedule dictates.
1. Maintain positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters and maintains positive relationships with co-workers and supervisors. This would include but not be limited to such actions: resolution of conflicts in a positive manner; courteous treatment of staff, clients and visitors; respect of others’ property and person, professional and appropriate communication to and about co-workers, supervisors and subordinates. Support the Mission of The Salvation Army by treating every donor, contact and colleague with respect and dignity, and without discrimination of any kind.
2. Willing to work evening and weekend hours when necessary.
3. Work with case manager and other outside agencies to determine needs of children and families we serve and initiate, modify, and expand programs in order to meet changing needs.
4. Review programs offered by outside agencies and determine their viability and benefit to the people we serve.
5. Work with outside agencies to coordinate their use of corps facilities in order to maximize program benefits for the people we serve.
6. Identify, recruit and train volunteers which will be used in all Salvation Army programs within the Bismarck Corps.
7. Plan and implement all volunteer activities.
8. Schedule volunteers for the Safe from Harm training’
9. Schedule volunteer training for Emergency Disaster Service volunteers.
10. Coordinate volunteers and the scheduling of the Emergency Services Canteen.
11. Provide presentations to service clubs and organizations for volunteer recruitment and/or public education on The Salvation Army.
12. Provide ongoing support and encouragement to all volunteers.
13. Provide formal and informal recognition for volunteers.
14. Develop short and long range goals for volunteers.
15. Prepare volunteer job descriptions as needed.
16. Maintain statistical reports as required by The Salvation Army and outside funding sources and complete required reports in a timely manner.
17. Coordinate bell ringing volunteers.
18. Perform all other duties as assigned.
The position requires a High School Diploma or GED equivalent. The qualified applicant must be computer literate, proficient in Word, Excel and database program use. The position also requires: excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills; capable of public presentations and electronic media use. Must be proficient with promotion through websites and social media sites; must be well organized and efficient. Must be able to pass The Salvation Army’s background check, and meet the MVR driver’s qualification. It must be understood by the incumbent that the provisions of Safe From Harm will apply upon commencement of employment and also understood that the required Safe From Harm training be satisfactorily completed within the first thirty (30) days of employment.