Company is presently searching for a Vice President, Ad Sales Research & Strategy to join our sales research team responsible to support the monetization efforts across Company’s leading passion brands – Food Network, TLC, OWN and Cooking Channel. This person will lead a team of researchers in the production of compelling research analysis and consumer insights across our television networks, TVE Go Platforms, Site & Social and Direct to Consumer Products. Partner with the SVP of Ad Sales Research & Strategy and help lead the research organization as it traverses the ongoing disruption in the media industry.
- Act as a strategic advisor to ad sales executive management team, effectively voicing fact-based insights and recommendations on positioning our brands in the marketplace to meet revenue goals and strategic priorities.
- Work with partners across Ad Sales, Networks and Programming teams to develop and execute clear, actionable research strategy to support The Food Network, TLC, OWN and Cooking Channel brands.
- Develop, synthesize and create complex qualitative and quantitative research and translate them into persuasive stories to drive sales and marketing efforts.
- Manage research suppliers that serve the informational needs of the lines of business.
- Use primary and secondary research systems to produce relevant sales and network reports, analyses and presentations.
- Present in executive meetings, as needed, and in support of Research executive leadership team.
- Assure that research reports are consistent, accurate, and timely to key stakeholders.
- Update and maintain monthly and quarterly reports and all relevant research archives.
- Collaborate with ad sales research colleagues to exchange relevant information, and insights.
- Manage and lead a team; provide ongoing feedback and development opportunities to engage and retain workforce while maximizing performance.
- Participate in special projects and assignments.
- 12-15+ years of relevant business experience at a media company, ad agency, market research firm or equivalent.
- Thorough knowledge of Nielsen data and systems; Lake5 & MRI. Simmons, comScore, Google Analytics, Nielsen Social, Adobe Analytics, Tubular, Kantar. a plus
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize information and research data to "tell a story" with action-oriented implications.
- Proven expertise in a variety of qualitative and quantitative fields, concepts, practices, and procedures. Able to demonstrate extensive knowledge managing primary qualitative and quantitative research projects.
- Analytical thinker with strong detail orientation and business acumen eager to partner with colleagues on diverse projects to move the business forward.
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills
- Experience managing and training direct reports in media research
- Ability to work independently to fulfill requests from within and outside research department.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook).