Officer position responsible for leading treasury operations and trade settlements for the company’s $45+ billion investment portfolio. Directs the development and implementation of strategic and operational objectives for these areas, in accordance with the company’s strategic plans.
Essential Duties Responsibilities
Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental guidelines:
- Drives implementation of strategic and operational objectives with significant impact on the short-term and long-term success of treasury and moderate impact on the long-term success of the company.
- Leads, directs and has full management accountability for staff in area of responsibility with an emphasis on talent management and succession planning in accordance with corporate strategic direction.
- Acts as a liaison between treasury and business units within the company and external banking partners. This includes but is not limited to ensuring proper payment controls, leading efforts related to the Workday Treasury management system to ensure the company’s bank account integrations and signatory records are appropriate, leading banking relationships to ensure expected service standards are met or exceeded, and collaborating with legal to negotiate collateral trust and other related banking agreements.
- Responsible for the execution of the global short term investment portfolio of approximately $1.2 billion. This includes researching and recommending opportunities to improve yield and liquidity management to influence strategy.
- Responsible for capital market and investment operation activities. This includes but is not limited to liability management, debt capital deployment and covenant compliance, trade settlement and corporate actions.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
Typically SVP and above
Skills, Knowledge Abilities
- Mastery of a discipline, professional field or formal body of knowledge, i.e., treasury and capital markets.
- Advanced communication skills which are critical to building consensus across area of influence (external and/or internal relationships), team, and/or matrix environment.
- Strong leadership and management skills demonstrating integrity and professionalism.
- Ability to drive results by identifying and resolving significant problems within scope of responsibility.
- Senior level knowledge of the insurance industry, its products and services preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related software, knowledge of WorkDay and Bloomberg preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree with Master’s preferred in finance or a related discipline, or equivalent.
- Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) preferred.
- Typically a minimum of twelve years of related work experience, with seven years management experience.