Are you passionate about the intersection of biopharma and global health? Are you excited about the opportunity for biotechnology to cure diseases that have plaguing the world’s poorest people? Do you have experience leading impactful communications campaigns that help people and organizations make an impact on the world?
WE’s Brand Purpose & Reputation team is looking for a Vice President with extensive experience in the biotech and/or pharmaceutical industry spearheading executive platform communications and driving integrated communications campaigns. This position will be based in Boston to contribute to the success of a high-profile, non-profit biotech organization.
- Work with client to develop ongoing vision, strategy, and plans for communications outreach and stakeholder engagement, including messaging development, executive platform, public policy engagement, social media, and internal communication/organizational development.
- Develop collaborative relationships to interact effectively with a complex network of key stakeholders and partners of all levels.
- Provide senior counsel to executive leaders on a variety of topics and be comfortable representing a strong point of view with senior executives.
- Ongoing development of key messages and the full set of communications materials that clearly articulate client’s vision and mission.
- Build and maintain relationships with key reporters and editors. Staff and train C-Suite level executives for media and speaking opportunities
The ideal candidate is: an experienced client counselor, and a brand purpose expert who has experience connecting the private sector with global and nonprofit organizations. A creative communicator who understands the importance of emotional and human storytelling.
- Model a collaborative and team oriented approach to our collective success
- Lead cross-country integrated account teams to successfully execute ongoing client projects
- Oversee resource allocation across team including staffing/hiring/onboarding new talent
- Be comfortable serving at times as an individual contributor and writer and other times as a manager of a diverse set of team members
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing/Communications, Mass Media, Journalism, Public Policy or related discipline or similar applicable field is required; Master’s degree is highly preferred.
- 10+ years’ in-depth experience in the biopharmaceutical industry or research health care non-profit organization with demonstrated success at leading the external affairs, communication strategy and execution PR and communications, as well as applicable agency experience. Additional experience is preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in leading, managing, and developing a diverse team required.
- Strong staffing and budget management experience required
- Proven success in establishing client relationships, being a high bandwidth communicator, with a track record of excellent collaboration supporting sizeable new business efforts.
- Knowledge of biopharmaceutical product development and competitive landscape; global health experience a plus.
- Strong writer and editor, with the ability to clearly communicate ideas and scientific concepts in written materials.
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail, clarity, and accuracy.
- Ability to model a collaborative and team oriented approach to our collective success.
- Exceptional organization and project management skills.
- Self-motivated and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities and tight deadlines.
- Must be able to work more than 40 hours per week on occasion.
- Experience working globally or with colleagues in multiple locations.
- Strong presentation and strategic consulting skills along with the ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Travel: may on occasion need to travel, potentially up to 25%.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
Equal Opportunity: WE provides equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against an employee or applicant because of age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, or other legally protected class status.
Diversity and Inclusion: WE values a diverse and inclusive workforce and is committed to creating a workplace where everyone thrives. We promote an atmosphere in which diversity of people and ideas are welcomed and valued. Diversity includes differences in race, religion, gender, age, lifestyle, ethnic background and sexual orientation as well as differences in experiences and ideas.