As a VP of Business Development, you will be responsible for creating and executing a sales strategy that captures the desired target market and expected revenues of magnitude. This role drives the closing of high valued new accounts to the organization, while developing critical client solutions, and creating in-depth proposals that result in long term contracts. Additionally, this role is responsible for maintaining and growing the organization’s most significant revenue influencing accounts. Success is defined annually by the total revenue solidified; the number of new contracted accounts, the growth of existing accounts, and embodiment of a sales leader.
- Achieve monthly and annual revenue targets according to plan
- Lead, drive and accomplish new large client acquisition
- Create overall sales and pipeline strategy that align with company goals
- Must work autonomously to achieve the needed targets
- Engage in cross-sell and up-sell efforts that result in account growth
- Effectively resolve client issues.
- Identify, plan and execute growth and retention efforts to attain monthly, quarterly and annual budget goals.
- Making decisions of significance that impact the company’s profitability and growth
- Provide expert consultation that clearly and consistently creative a competitive advantage
- The development of client solutions, writing and delivering proposals
- Use provided systems to maintain proper documentation and sales activity
- And all other requirements of role to accomplish goals
- Microsoft Office Software Applications (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Communication Proficiency
- Strategic Thinking
- Strong Attention to Detail
- Customer/Client Focus
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm.
This position may require some travel but is typically in the office for collaboration with marketing, sales & service, products etc.
Required Education and Experience
- Must have track record of successful new business development for at least 7 years
- Requires the successful execution of sales and marketing integrated solutions
- Proven history of over achievement of sales targets
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (including presentations and proposals)
- Ability to negotiate and build relationships that deliver strategic solutions to prospective clients
- Embraces a team selling environment
- Maintains a strong knowledge base of competitive landscape, product offerings and solutions
- Strong problem-solving and follow-up skills; must be proactive and take initiative
- Professionalism and ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
- Computer proficiency including experience using Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer