RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Duties: Vice President with Company in Miami, FL.
- Formulate and express investment views for clients' portfolios, fielding questions in English and Portuguese on what is happening in the markets, and outlining the Firm's investment thesis for the future, which encompasses all global asset classes, including public equities, fixed income, option derivative securities, foreign currencies, hedge funds, real estate, private equity and bank lending.
- Allocate and rebalance portfolios to remain aligned with the risk-adjusted return objectives of a particular client.
- Execute trades for brokerage oriented clients in public equities, fixed income, option derivative securities and foreign currencies.
- Explain fee structures, performance, liquidity, and other operational questions in English and Portuguese for various investment vehicles, including mutual funds, exchange-traded funds (ETFs), separately managed accounts, hedge funds, private equity funds, and structured notes.
- Offer single-stock risk management guidance through the use of option derivative securities and other strategies that consider a variety of risk and return metrics for clients with concentrated positions.
- Utilize estate planning concepts and understand tax related issues relevant for multi-generational wealth planning in both domestic and Latin American markets.
- Assist on projects related to new business development, strategic planning, product development and other marketing infrastructure.
- Unearth opportunities and facilitate the investment of Brazilian offshore assets in to the United States.
- Perform solicited market analysis across multiple industries and regions, implement and rebalance customized portfolios.
- Responsible for client reports and manage account related issues.
- Perform a critical client facing role for the Firm, leveraging a solid network of connections among the ultra-high net worth community in Brazil to enable the Firm to open U.S markets to Brazilian ultra-high net worth investors.
- Travel to Latin America on a regular basis (at least one week per month) to meet with Firm clients. Create presentations for clients.
- Bachelor's degree (U.S. or equivalent) in Economics, Finance or a related field.
- Five (5) years of experience in the job offered or in a related finance position involving developing and onboarding new client relationships with offshore Brazilian assets.
- Managing assets for Brazilian clients with minimum $10 million accounts.
- Advising Brazilian clients regarding global financial markets and their instruments, including derivatives, equities, and financial institutions.
- Advising Brazilian clients regarding on and offshore tax and estate planning techniques needed in Brazil and other parts of LatAm, including investment structures.
- Building models for proposed portfolios in Excel.
- Analyzing and preparing client portfolios in Powerpoint.
- Experience identifying prospective clients in local Brazilian market.
- Experience in estate planning, trust structuring, asset allocation, portfolio oversight, selection of portfolio managers and investment vehicles.
- Experience in working closely with clients through their lifecycle, developing long-term relationships and structuring holistic wealth management plans.
- FINRA Series 7, 66, 3 licenses required. Fluency in Portuguese required.
- Travel required.