The Vice President, FinLife Senior Business Consultant is the point person for growing the FinLife Partners platform by successfully signing new partners. Cultivates and sources leads and prospects, culminating in successful sales relationships. Builds trusted relationships with prospective firms, working diligently and expediently to educate those firms on the FinLife CX offering and finally, removing all objections, challenges and hurdles that may keep a Partner from executing a FinLife agreement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties ARE NOT intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional position-specific duties and/or duties that are outside the specific functions that are listed.
- Provides detailed accounting of all activity in Salesforce with regards to sales progress with prospective firms with anticipated completion dates.
- Conducts one-on-one meetings with Head of FInLife to provide status and progress updates on the pipeline and sales cycle.
- Provides weekly reports on pipeline activity and projected outcomes.
- Manages relationships with prospective partners throughout the sales cycle.
- Works within the framework of the identified Sales Protocol and implements during the Sales Process.
- Embraces the training regime provided and commits to executing as designed.
- Identifies and works with appropriate cross-functional departments to display appropriate tools, resources or technologies allowing the prospective FinLife Partner the opportunity to make an informed decision.
- Ensures all third party vendors of prospective firms are properly identified and coordinate with Technology Department insuring a seamless transition.
- Acts as a liason between the sales and internal onboarding team insuring a smooth transition from one process to the other.
- Joins and participates in any training/conference calls with Partners; and ensures Partners becomes familiar with the process and reporting functionality; attending on-site visits.
- Self- motivated to keep up to date with new technological and platform developments and present to prospective firms as appropriate.
- Other duties as directed by management.
- Ability to sit at desk for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to operate a wide range of office technology, such as operating a multi-line telephone system, computer, copier and fax machine.
- Ability to read documents, reports, etc.
- Ability to answer phones and communicate with callers.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
Education and Experience:
A Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting and/or Economics or equivalent experience; Master of Business Administration degree and/or financial designation (CFP, CHFC) is preferred; Minimum five years of sales experience and or wholesaling experience in financial services is required. Some experience as a Financial Advisor is preferred.
Required Knowledge of:
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel) and Google Apps
- SalesForce or other CRM software
- Project management software
- Understanding of the advisory business, managed account platforms, and client offerings
Required Skills in:
- Strong demonstrated quantitative and analytical abilities
- Superior people and communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with clients and potential clients through dissatisfaction
- Judgement and problem solving; takes responsibility, demonstrates personal integrity, honesty and is able to deal with confidential information on a daily basis
- A self-starter with a strong sense of ownership, positive professional attitude and demeanor
- Ability to exercise good judgment, tact and diplomacy when dealing with clients, other executives and levels of management
- Excellent time management and strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks and anticipate potential client issues
- Superior sales skills and the ability to drive sales activity; being able to analyze data, assess progress and design solutions