The Vice President Commercial Relationship Manager is the individual that uncovers and calls on small to medium size business from both internal and external sources to meet or exceed business services production goals. The individual will solicit term loans and lines of credit relationships with small business members/customers primarily through "cold calling", branch network, and various other channels. Key responsibilities include selling and closing small business loans and lines of credit. This individual must have the ability to uncover small business needs and match products/services accordingly. The Business Lender also cross-sells and develops ancillary products.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Prospecting and cold calling small business in the geographic foot print
- Build and develop a quality loan portfolio within expected limits
- Build and develop an SBA portfolio
- Solicit member clients for other products; i.e. share accounts, merchant services, leases, financial services, credit cards, Select Employer Groups (SEG)
- Prepare loan packages and present to approving authority and loan committee
- Represent the credit union in the community on various boards, committees, seeking out networking and other business opportunities.
- Cultivate external relationships that provide viable and consistent leads
- Be the strategic leader to grow the business services division and execute strategic plan
- Performs other duties as assigned or required to ensure member service standards are met
- Minimum five plus years of experience in Commercial Lending
- Minimum High School graduate or G.E.D.
- BS/BA degree preferred
- Basic understanding on how to spread financial statements and tax return analysis
- Knowledge of products and Services, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Investor Regulations, FEMA Regulations and requirements, and Equal Credit Opportunity Act
- Strong knowledge of commercial credit parameters
- Analytical and quantitative skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Willing to work overtime some weekends required
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Strategic thinker
- Excellent communication